1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help the newbie

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by windwalk, Jun 28, 2007.

1. windwalk

windwalk Member

Hi all,

My boss has 2 psp-s. They have stock (SE) FW 2.81 and FW 3.40.
    What can I do about them? Can I use the 3.40oe-A_Installation_Noob_Proof_OE.zip directly on both of them?

I need an advice. I don't want to make his children cry...

Thanks in advance.

2. hdfreek

hdfreek Member

I am new here myself, but from what I have read, you are going to have to downgrade to fw 1.5 before you can upgrade to 3.40 OE-A. You will need the lumines UMD and will have to upgrade to fw 3.50 first, and use the 3.50 downgrader to get to fw version 1.5, then you can upgrade to the 3.40 OE-A. During each step you take a chance of bricking the psp and it may never work again, so it is risky.

3. windwalk

windwalk Member

I see...I read a lot too, but did not find any 3.50 -> 1.5 downgrader. Can you post something working please!

4. DRUGLESS

DRUGLESS Regular member

Winwalk:
    Here some links to get you started. The first has fairly easy instructions to get your PSP down to 1.5
    Thereafter I suggest Upgrading to 3.40OE. I use Easy Installer for this. Yell if you need this later.
    Yell if you need a hand. I'm not an expert but have successfully downgraded and upgraded my 6 PSP's so far.
    - 3.50 Downgrader
    http://www.noobz.eu/joomla/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,88888895/func,fileinfo/id,18/

- 1.50 Update
    http://dl.qj.net/PSP-Firmware-1.50-File-(EBOOT)-North-America-PSP/pg/12/fid/163/catid/163

- 3.50 Update if you are on firmware 3.10-3.40
    http://dl.qj.net/PSP-Firmware-3.50-(North-America)-PSP/pg/12/fid/13840/catid/163

5. okthen12

okthen12 Guest

lol will you get a raise...a promotion? hehe

6. DRUGLESS

DRUGLESS Regular member

If you DO get a raise why not make a small donation to Noobz or Dax?
    They deserve it!

7. windwalk

windwalk Member

Thank you Drugless! What I needed to hear is that somebody really did it and post back the way he did it. 6 PSP-s are too much for one person :). What is the sixth for? I hope I made you smile (at least).

Okthen12: As a person of the third world I guess my donation equals the sum for the transfer...if I had a visa or mastercard however :(. I hope I did not make you cry.

Thanks again

8. DRUGLESS

DRUGLESS Regular member

Sorry, I haven't looked at the guide you mentioned earlier. I used the guides included in the links I posted before, BUT I created my own since doing the process six times I was sure to make a mess of it if I didn't have some reasonable checklist.
    If you want I can post the way I did it if you are not getting any feedback from others.

I have 6 PSP's because: 1 for nephew, 1 for niece, 1 for Mother (63 year old and still loves her PSP!), other 3 I use to entertain kids in orphanages.

I'm also from a third world country (South Africa) and rather reluctant to use Visa on net. ;-)
    Good Luck

9. DRUGLESS

DRUGLESS Regular member

OK, I've had a look at the guide you posted originally. That is only the guide and application that would be used to load Dark Alex's 3.40OE-A firmware which is the last step in a 3 step process.
    The links I posted before would allow you to:
    1. Upgrade to FW 3.50
    2. Downgrade to FW 1.50
    3. Upgrade to DA3.40OE-A
    NB. This ONLY applies to your FW3.40 PSP!
    I'll check around if your FW2.81 PSP needs another element.
    (NB. I Upgraded from 3.11 to 3.50, down to 1.50 and then to 3.40OE-A
    Later!

10. DRUGLESS

DRUGLESS Regular member

Ok, checked out the 2.81FW process requirements.
    The same process can be applied to All PSP Firmwares!
    Later

11. windwalk

windwalk Member

Wow it seems your family is very keen on PSP. :) Do you play multiplayer games?
    I upgraded the 2.81 to 3.50 and the 3.40 to 3.50. I will leave the choice to downgrade or not to my boss. It is very good that someone did it successfully 6 time.

I will post back if he decides for downgrade.

Regards,
    Todor

12. DRUGLESS

DRUGLESS Regular member

OK. The most important thing is do NOT upgrade higher than Sony 3.50 (when they release next upgrades)else you will not have the option to downgrade using the Lumines exploit. Just let your boss know they must never select ANY option to upgrade whether it be Network update or when prompted from a UMD in the future.

Family not just keen on PSP. I just like my gizmos! You know the saying 'boys and their toys'.
    I also have 2 x PS1's, 2 X PS2's (1 in Car with 2 x 17" screens), XBox....
    Later!