1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!!!! Theme installation problem!!!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by drgtig5, Apr 19, 2007.

1. drgtig5

drgtig5 Member

Ok, so I tried to install the Mac theme. I put all the necessary folders/files in my Flash0 thing that you can enable through the recovery menu. At first, I could turn on my PSP, but once I turn it on, it goes to a white screen and stays there (on the white screen, it shows an active "Mac" battery bar), then turns off. Now, instead, if it even goes on, it will give me the blue "settings information incorrect" press O screen. You press O and it just turns off eventually. The really big problem now, is that I cannot get to the Configuration screen on the Recovery Mode screen. When I press X on it, the screen goes blue, like without the white menu/text, and eventually turns off.I was able to get in once, but all the settings options were in random letters/numbers.
    Please help!!

2. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

did u copy an entire folder and overwrite, or just each individual file

3. drgtig5

drgtig5 Member

I copied the six folders. But I know someone who succesfully did this, and followed his instructions. He has no idea wat to do. But I am sure that I have all the correct necessary files. [from these folders: vsh,kd,kn,data,dic,font] And I copied the necessary files from the mac theme to the resources folder in "vsh"

4. fultonla

fultonla Guest

if you cant acces recovery
    well it's game over for your psp

5. drgtig5

drgtig5 Member

Repeat, I CAN access recovery. I CANNOT access the settings for "configuration" Everything else is accessible

6. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

if u just copied an entire folder over, u may have overwritten some files that were needed. i think its a brick. next time, if there is a next time, dont copy entire folders, thats a really bad mistake. instead, u need to for instance if u have a custom resource folder with topmenu_plugin.rco and gameboot.pmf, drag the files INDIVIDUALLY into ur flash vsh/resource. otherwise if u just for instance copy the whole folder, all u will have left in the folder are the topmenu_plugin.rco and gameboot.pmf, all the other flash files from the resource folder will be gone.

7. drgtig5

drgtig5 Member

No, actually all the files necessary are in there. And, I don't think my PSP is bricked. If I can get original flash0 files from someone it should work.

8. fultonla

fultonla Guest

just use the 1.5 recovery winstaller
    it is the third sticky on this section

EDIT:double checked it is actually the third sticky sorry

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2007
  9. drgtig5

drgtig5 Member

Thank you for answering, and correctly! But I figured this out right before I read your message xD...Problem solved!

10. vf1kf

vf1kf Member

Can you tell me hopw you fixed your problem? I'm running 3.40 OE-a and I cannot access the configuration in the recovery menu either. Everything else works, I can run isos and homebrew, I can enable flash0 usb and all...I'm trying to get psx games to work, and everything I read suggests I edit the configuration in my recovery menu but I can't :( Thanks in advance.

11. MikehMike

MikehMike Guest

Re-install firmware, or go down to like 3.03 OE

12. Dr--Evil

Dr--Evil Member

My PSP has the exact problem, except I was not mucking around with themes.

I have recovered back to 1.50 several times and reflashed to 3.10, 3.30, 3.40 all with no luck!

How did you fix the problem?

13. vf1kf

vf1kf Member

I have tried everything i could think of, downgraded and upgraded many times, I've tried 3.03a/b/c, 3.10 and 3.40 oe firmwares, all to no avail. I checked all the files in both flash1 and flash0 against my buddies, and they're all identical. I put the game I ripped onto my buddies psp, and it worked no problem. I still can't enter the configuration in recovery mode, and I can't play PSX games (thats why I got the psp in the first place, I just wanted to plat SOTN) I'm out of ideas, but if you come up with a solution, or hear anything useful, I'd love to know. Thanks

14. Dr--Evil

Dr--Evil Member

I did it.

You need to format flash1 with the flashing program (do a google search). Then go back to 1.50 and up again to 3.30. This should do the trick. If you are still having problems, the open Flash1 and delete the config file. Reset your PSP to default and everything should be fine.

Let me know how you get on

15. vf1kf

vf1kf Member

Thanks you so much, that worked swimmingly, psx games run like a dream, configuration is accessable, perfect. You've been most helpful