1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help...Think I F'ed my M28 drive up.....

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by AJ56, Apr 23, 2007.

1. AJ56

AJ56 Member

Ok. I followed PS2Menance guide on the m28 flash method. I have a VIA VT6421 Raid controller, on a Asus A7N8X mobo. My problem is as follows, I flashed using PS2's method acording to FAQ. Everything flashed fine, key and size of .bin file came up right. I reconect it to 360 and it keeps giving me a E65 error. I can flash it and it says it works 100 percent. but everytime i hook it back up to the 360 it does not work. Only get a E65 error. I can open close drive when hooked up to VT6421 card when in DOS mode trying to flash. Like I said the flash reports back fine, its just everytime I try to reasemble and work it like normal. I get an E65 error. I even tried downloading original m28 factory default firmware. Flashed it to drive with my key inserted, and i still get an E65. Please someone help me.

2. jelle2503

jelle2503 Regular member

restore your firmware with your original firmware like this:

MTKFlash w /m /sata orig.bin

probably you'll need to use the 10 seconds trick

then use this guide:

www.360hax.com

it is a very good tutorial which shows you all!

3. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Are you sure you don't have a MS25 drive in it? If it's a MS28, then when you make your own hacked firmware with the "make xtreme firmware" command, make SURE you select Report as MS28. Then you shouldn't have an E65 or E66 errors.

4. AJ56

AJ56 Member

Nope im positive. I have a ms28 Ver A may 2006. I did select ms28 like you said in the faq. Like i said i followed it to a tee. I dont know whats going wrong?

5. AJ56

AJ56 Member

Went to the site and tried to download the new Xtreme Bootmaker but when i try to install it gives me an error. I tried multiple downloads and none of the work. Even Xbins. Anyone have a working link for bootmaker version 0.5.3? thanks

6. jelle2503

jelle2503 Regular member

http://www.behemothnet.net/stoner/XBM053.rar

if you are using "make extreme firmware" then you are using a rather old flashmethod, which is riskier and timeconsuming.. you can see the risk right here; E65 error

xtreme boot maker 0.5.3 is a very recent tool , safe easy to use and fast :)

7. AJ56

AJ56 Member

Thanks brother. Will try now. Will report back.

8. AJ56

AJ56 Member

Ok....tried the new bootmaker and still nothing. Still gives me an E65 error after 100 percent flash. I then tried to put the original Fw in and it still gives me an E65 error. I then tried factory defaults (MS28a.bin) with my key and thru MTKFlash and still E65. I think somewhere this thing got messed and i just cant save it. I have tried everything. It reads and writes 100 percent but it just wont work in the 360 console. I dont F'ing get it.

9. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

The only thing I can think of is that the M28 isn't the original drive in the 360.
    Since you can read/write to it with success, try spoofing it to a MS25.

10. AJ56

AJ56 Member

will try. will report back.

11. jelle2503

jelle2503 Regular member

exactly, good call PS2.. it could be that this drive is a replacement drive from MS.

in that case it is spoofed, and you'd have to find out which drive was in the 360 before MS replaced the drive, in order to make the drive working again.. then you can spoof your firmware, flash it, then it should work =)

12. AJ56

AJ56 Member

how would i go about doing that correctly? also, the firmware is flashing fine and reading and writing. just keep getting a E65 error. I have my original fw and i was thinking, when i did try and put the original firmware back, it still gave me an E65 error. Does that mean that somewhere along the line the Key got messed up? Cause like I said, i can flash and read perfect. Just keep gettin a E65 error.

PS- I did try the spoofing with ms25. did not work. maybe im doing it wrong. I used Bootmaker 0.5.3, made a usb bootable, made sure i selected to spoof ms25, flashed the drive, 100 percent, retry 360, E65 like always. I am really at a lost. I am going to just put the original FW i got, (Or should i use the Factory Defaults FW?) and take it from there. Please explain how i can fix step by step, or should i just throw this thing out?

13. AJ56

AJ56 Member

Anothere thing, I dont know or really think that its a replaced drive. It was bought new in Chinatown, NYC. Maybe they sold a used model? I would have no way of knowing what drive was in there if there was a different one.

14. jelle2503

jelle2503 Regular member

yo ...

you oughta open up your original firmware you dumped from the drive in Firmware Toolbox 3.0

this will show you whether or not a drive in your 360 has been replaced once.

i dont think they key has gone wrong, since reading / writing works fine.

i think this drive you have is a replacement drive.

check out 360hax.com it's quite a good documentary

15. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Yes, open the original dumped firmware in FWToolbox and post a pic of it here. I have both the original ms25 and ms28 firmware if you need it. Just paste your key over my key and flash with that. But first, post that pic.

16. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

are you using firmware older than xtreme 5?

17. AJ56

AJ56 Member

18. jelle2503

jelle2503 Regular member

seems like the drive is originally a MS28.

try this just paste in the key you have in your firmware, replace key etc.. then use this firmware to flash back to your MS28 to see if maybe you firmware somehow got corrupted??? i'd have no idea whatelse it could be.

19. AJ56

AJ56 Member

Ok...Tried it. Still E65. Flashed ok and went perfectly. used the info on www.360hax.com to get the job done. Followed the Tutorial to the tee. Still E65. I am thinking something went wrong and for some reason i cant use this drive anymore. Maybe the key got messed up somehow. The question now is, can I take the drive and use it in another 360? Unless you guys have an idea of how to save it, i think im gonna chuck it.

20. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

If you want to send the 360 to me via FedEx or UPS, I can try to salvage it. I'm sure it won't cost more than 15 or 20 bucks to ship here.