1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help this newbie with his ilodvdr04 please!!

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by JayDW, Dec 28, 2004.

1. JayDW

JayDW Member

Whats going on guys? I've learned quite alot from this forum in the last couple of days I have been on, and alot of you guys seems very knowledgeable, so I was wondering you can help me.

I received the ilo dvdr04 as a Christmas Gift. So far, Im liking it though I havent even scratched the surface on some of the features, but I'm sure I will play with those soon enough. I have it hooked up but my question is simply this.

I am using the tv Tuner function as I would like to record off of television. Now I have Satellite, so this is how I ran the wiring for it. Out of Satellite Receiver into Ilo, Out of Ilo into TV (as far as coaxs go.) For starters is this correct?

Secondly, if this is correct then I notice when I choose TV as the source for recording, I have maybe 3-4 vertical lines that are very faintly in the background and all my recording have those too. In other words, its not a very clean signal.

I was wondering if its just a bad coax, but I doubt it since when the ilo is not on the picture is perfect, though it is being "routed" so to say through the ilo and would assume if it was a bad cable then I would have this issue ALL the time, regardless of whether I was using the ilo or not.

I combed the forums to see if there was anything like this and I didnt see anything, so I apologize if I am asking a question that has already been answered. From what I've read the tuner is definetely on the cheap side, and so is the entire player for that matter. Also, I am not one of these people who thinks that this $150 machine should do everything perfectly, because well.....its $150. However, this player is not half as useful if my signal is the degraded from the original.

Thanks in advance for reading my long post and I look forward to your responses....thanks guys!!

JayDW

2. daveshome

daveshome Member

Hi JayDW.

I will try to help you.
    I record from my satellite system also.

So this is how your hookup will go.

Sat receiver video output to the Ilo video input jacks. (RCA jacks video and audio.)

Ilo to your TV via the output jacks. (RCA jacks video and audio.)
    If your TV has such inputs.

Select the correct inputs with the menus on the Ilo. You will see the Sat picture on screen when it is working ok.

Remember, the Ilo does not have a coax output.
    Those coax connectors on its back are just feed through. (what comes in is what go's out)

If your TV does not have video/audio inputs, you will need to do things differently.

Hope this helps.
    Dave

Last edited: Dec 28, 2004
  3. JayDW

JayDW Member

Well, there you go.... Easy enough and yes my tv does have the correct inputs. Thanks for your help Daveshome......I appreciate it.