1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! TMPG to DVDMaestro aspect ratio problem

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Devon747, Dec 5, 2002.

1. Devon747

Devon747 Member

I've been encoding in TMPG then finishing with DVDmaestro. The picture and sound are great, except I can't seem to get the right aspect ratio (16:9)! I've tried playing with the settings in TMPG: size, aspect ratio, source aspect ratio, and video arrange method... But, no matter what, the project always comes out in a 4:3 format. Opening in IFOedit confirms this ratio not being "letterboxed". Has anyone else encountered this? Is the problem occurring in DVD2AVI, TMPG, or Maestro? Thanks for reading.

Devon747

Last edited: Dec 5, 2002
  2. Devon747

Devon747 Member

After much agony, just found the answer to this problem which lies in DVDmaestro. Once you load your project and then open the movie window, there's a little box at the bottom that says "4:3". If you right click it a menu will apear with several options. Check the "16:9 LB/PS" (Letterbox or PanScan) option and your finished product will be just like the aspect ratio of your original movie (along with the PanScan option). No stretched people! Hope this helps anyone with this same question.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2002
  3. SevenVII

SevenVII Member

Is DVDMeastro freeware?

4. Devon747

Devon747 Member

Sorry Seven, DVDMaestro V2.9 by Spruce Technologies is not freeware and I also don't think it's commercially available any longer. You'll have to look somewhere beyond freeware.