1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help to burn vcd

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Newbie, Feb 9, 2002.

1. Newbie

Newbie Member

I have some mpeg files and want to burn to vcd. I used Easy cd creator 5 to burn vcd, but when i add my files to burn, it said my files couldn't play on vcd player, " to make this file vcd compliant, you will need to use an MPEG encoder that support vcd enconding." My files' frame size is 160x120
    and it said not acceptable. why?

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

VideoCD specs:

http://www.afterdawn.com/glossary/terms/vcd.cfm

"VideoCD resolution is in PAL format 352 x 288 pixels with 25 frames/second. In NTSC format it is 352 x 240 pixels with 29,97 frames/second (except in NTSC film format, where the framerate is 23,976 frames/second)." .... "Both, video and audio, are encoded in MPEG-1 format and stored on the CD in specific format."
    ... "Audio is encoded with bitrate of 224 kbit/sec in MPEG-1 Layer2 format (in both PAL and NTSC versions). Video is encoded with bitrate of 1150 kbit/sec."

...no exceptions allowed.

3. prjain

prjain Member

DRD is 100% correct

4. MrCairo

MrCairo Guest

Hello All! I'm having the same problem sort of. I have the .mpg of my movie all ready to burn to the cd. I'm using Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum. As I go through the process of selecting the files(I have 3)One is the entire .mpg movie it's about 95min long. The others are the movie split in half to burn on two cds. The problem is that ECDC5 will not accept the split versions of the .mpg. I get the same error message mentioned above. But if I select the "entire" movie .mpg it goes through without a problem. I can get all the way to the point of starting to burn...but I don't because I know it won't fit. Any ideas on what to do? This is my first effort here, and I used the DVD to VCD with SmartRipper, DVD2AVI and TMPGEnc guide step by step. TMPGEnc is what I used to split the movie in two parts. So if anyone has any pointers or suggestions I'd really appreciate it! Maybe I missed something along the way..?
    Thanks!

MrCairo

5. im_etten

im_etten Regular member

I need help! I'm a newbie.. I am trying to burn a VCD. I used TMPGEnc to convert the AVI to MPEG. I used the templated and made sure it converted to VCD MPEG format. After that I used Easy CD Creator 5 wizard to burn a VCD. I am making a one level menu structure. I add all my files and the Cd creator say's they are ok. I get to the end and I preview the VCD and it looks great! Then I burn @ 4x speed, finalize the cd and burn with Disc at once setting. After the CD is done I am unable to watch it on my DVD player. Both my DVD players are VCD and CD-R compatiable. I am burning the VCD on CD-R. Can I get some sugestions on how to make this work??

6. dRD

im_etten: Did you close the disc (and session)? Otherwise it wont work.

7. alicia458

alicia458 Guest

I'm having the same problem. I'm using Nero to burn the VCD's after converting them and everything. What exactly do you mean by closing the disc. On mine, once it reached 100% when burning, the program seems to freeze up so I just have to end up closing it by pressing alt-ctrl-del. Is this possibly why it's not working?

8. dRD

9. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

OK

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2002
  10. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

OK peoples using easy cd creator see if you can turn the compliance off for vcd formats..it should work in your dvd players granted they play burned vcd's......

Alicia nero may still be writing the table of contents after 100% it may take a couple of minutes after depending on the speed of the burner and the size of the file....

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2002