1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help transfering game

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by dman31, Oct 13, 2007.

1. dman31

dman31 Member

hi
    I'm newbie here.I want to know abt transfering and playing downloaded pspiso game on Sony PSP.
    First my firmware is 3.52.I already downloaded two iso games and tried to copy directly through USB data transfer connection on my magicgate 4gb memorystick pro duo.But i'm geting message that 'can not find specified file or folder'.I already formatted my memory stick through PSP but there it dont show ISO folder.
    So do i need to use any software to transfer?
    pls suggest me how i can tranfer and play the games

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You need to downgrade the PSP to 1.50 then install custom firmware.

The only way you can do this with your particular 3.52 PSP firmware is using a Pandora Battery.

In order to create a Pandora Battery you will need to know someone that has a 1.50 PSP or PSP with custom firmware on it.

If you have access to a PSP with the above then go HERE and use this easy installer to create the Magic memory Stick and Pandora Battery (if you want 3.71 M33-2 custom firmware installed look at the bottom of my post).

After you create it you will need to place the Magic Memory Stick into your PSP then insert the Pandora battery then follow the on screen menu to downgrade your PSP to 1.50 firmware.

Install custom firmware after you downgrade to 1.50...

Go HERE to install 3.52 M33-4 custom firmware.

The most current custom firmware is 3.71 M33-2 + 1.50 ADD ON-2. If you want to upgrade to this then I suggest using this guide HERE instead of the Pandora GUI that i linked to above. This will create the Magic Memory Stick + Pandora Battery that will install straight to 3.71 M33-2 firmware.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2007
  3. dman31

dman31 Member

hi thanks for ur reply but being a new in PSP user i didn't get many of the things how to do.Anyways can u tell me the how much the max file size does psp game has.As i'm taking it to india i'm thikning abt whether to downgrade it or not ,becos if i could store only 3-4 games in 4gb memory stick then it's not of use in india as nobody is gonna download games over there.

4. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

your current 3.52 firmware is unable to play downloaded games. what larrylje gave you is instructions on how to put your psp into custom firmware.

the game file size varies. it depends on the type of game. some can be a measley 190mb, but others can be up to 1.7gb. you can compress the size of the games, using a iso compressor. my 4gb memory stick has 7 games on it, and the stick is nearly full. it all depends on the game you get.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2007
  5. dman31

dman31 Member

again thanx for reply but now i observed new problem that even with using psp 9 video converter i can not transfer .mp4 file in my mp_root folder as it gaves message "can not copy specified file or folder pls check correct path".And i'm sure it reads my memory stick.Is it also related to version of my psp?
    If it is so that i must downgrade version then can u tell me how can i get psp with customfirmware 1.50 or there is any idea to bypass that?

Also in one of the option to downgrade psp i read abt setting of "kernel to 1.50"actually i don't know what is kernel and how to set that.
    Pls help as i'm dumbo in this PSP software and all this things.