1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help : Transitions Problem with Nero / DVD Shrink ?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by PORKY1982, Sep 29, 2007.

1. PORKY1982

PORKY1982 Member

I used Nero 7 to create a DVD Compilation. I burned the DVD , and deleted the files from my computer once the dvd was burned. When I played back the DVD ( on any player or even my computer ), there is 5 slight pauses throughout the 2 hour Compilation DVD. I have figured out that each pause on the DVD is where you can place Transitions. I loaded the DVD into DVD Shrink , then tried to burn the DVD again ( make a copy ) and the 5 pauses ( freezes )are still there. But what I did notice is :

The little preview screen on DVD Shrink ( bottom left corner , once I have loaded the DVD into DVD Shrink ) plays the preview of what it is about to burn with no freezes at all - it plays straight through just fine with no glitches , no freezing , at all. The DVD Shrink Preview Screen plays the DVD perfect , then when I try to burn the DVD - there are the pauses again.

I am so frustrated , I have worked on this DVD Compilation all summer , and now I am having this problem. I sure hope it is easy to fix.

Can anyone help ?

Please email Ben at : edited by ddp

Last edited: Sep 29, 2007
  2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

You deleted the files for a project you spent all summer on before watching the DVD?? Oops! I guess you won't do that again.

About all you can do now is try and edit out the pauses from the remaining DVD files. Depending on what's going on and the structure of the thing, you may be able to open the DVD back up in NVE and import it, joining the VOBs.

If each segment between the pauses is an individual title then this may join them into one large title. Once you get that done, burn it to a DVD RW and test.

Or..
    You may end up cutting the DVD (with Shrink) at the pauses into seperate "Clips" and then rejoining them. You could add transitions if that would work for the project.

BTW, Edit out your E-mail address. Take a look at the rules.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

PORKY, post edited as per forum rules.