1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help..trying to burn xbox game

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by hamood, Mar 6, 2005.

1. hamood

hamood Member

alright heres the deal, i downloaded the game from a site, and there was 800 mb of files then a zip file (im using a mac btw), after unzipping the file the whole thing was 1.5 Gb. oh and the file that was unzipped was the iso file. alright so what i did was delete the zip folder, and burn the rest of the 1.5Gb on a DVD+R, since i figured u cant have folders on the cd if ure gonna pop it in the xbox. But this didnt work. anyone wanna tell me where i went wrong, or basically how i do this in general. thanks!!!

2. thang1

thang1 Guest

hi

How dis u burn the 1.5gb and is the 1.5gb an iso file? Did u burn the iso as an image? Also I am not sure if the Xbox can read dvd+r disk. I alway use dvd-r and burn it no faster than 2x.

tony

3. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Teleported.

5. punqewe

punqewe Active member

I'm not too sure about how to do it on a mac,but with winblows all you would have to do is double click on the first rar file and it should allow you to extract an image (if done right). Once you extract the image it should be ready to burn. There are however some cases where you will need to get a patch for the game to run on disk/hdd. I don't know if they're available for mac but dvd decrypter and alcohol 120% are two good programs for burning images such as ISO's. I don't like using nero for my xbox games,but that's just me. Also the whole myth about the DVD+R's is brand based,some brands work and some don't. Once you find one that works....stick with it. Alot of people think that as soon as a game screws up it's the disk.....if they think about all the talk about the dvd drives being tempermental,they might have other ideas. As far as dvd+r's are concerned I haven't had ANY trouble with memorex/maxell/kodak/emtec/fuji/general.....and this IS with all three dvd drives so no coments on that point.

P.S. brands tend to use different dyes for their disks and that might have a factor too.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2005
  6. hamood

hamood Member

thanx punqewe but whe i burn the cd do i burn just the rar file or even the other 800 Mb that were downloaded too (making the whole thing around 1.6 Gb)..coz i tried downloading the whole thing *using just drag and drop burnign and it didnt work (kodak disc).

7. punqewe

punqewe Active member

it should all extract to one iso file....then you would burn that.

8. dj_kush

dj_kush Member

use c-xboxtool to make the iso first (if it is an iso already, at least check it first using 'iso explorer' in c-xboxtool to verify the contents are correct)

all the dvd+r's i've tried work fine on my philips drive

9. hamood

hamood Member

well see it does extract to one iso file (800 Mb) but then from the dowloaded file there is already 800 Mb worth of unzipped files. do i zip those too along with the iso file that was extracted?
    appreciate the help

10. hamood

hamood Member

alright i just dont understand..i made the iso file...but i just dont get something..the file i downloaded in the first place, how can it have folders and subfolders and all that. how can the xbox read that..does it? anyone help?
    thanx

11. dj_kush

dj_kush Member

The files contained in the ISO are expanded into their original form when they are burnt to disc - think of the iso file as an 'image' of the original game's disc.
    If, for example, you're using nero to burn the iso - are you dragging and dropping the file to the 'add files' window of the blank cd/dvd? If so then this is your problem as by doing this all you're doing is simply copying the iso file (in its current state) to the blank cd/dvd.
    You need to 'open' the iso in your burning software. This will skip any further option to add files as the iso itself IS the ENTIRE DISC image.
    Hope I've explained it well enough.

12. blocparty

blocparty Member

i wanted to ask what dvd disk should i use because i tried dvd+r and burnt a game at 2.4x but whilst playing i get "disk maybe dirty or damaged" should i try dvd-r or what shall i do?
    are there any differences between the two disks?