1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help-trying to connect to ubuntu through vista

Discussion in 'Linux - General discussion' started by tyknappy, Jan 2, 2008.

1. tyknappy

tyknappy Member

I have been trying to connect to my ubuntu 7.10 desktop pc through my vista home premium laptop with remote desktop, but so far I have been getting nowhere. I have looked all over the internet (with the help of google) and all I have been finding are websites that show you how to connect to vista through ubuntu. Can anyone walk my through the process of doing it, or point me to a website that shows you how to do it.

I have my vista laptop setup so that it shares its wireless connection with my ubuntu pc that is connected to my laptop through a wired hub

any help would be appreciated

2. varnull

varnull Guest

After a remote desktop type arrangement?

I guess the thing to do would be install vncserver on the ubuntu machine and find the matching windows application (vncviewer??) for the laptop.

I'm unsure which way you are trying to connect with the desktop.. vista → ubuntu or ubuntu → vista.

I assume you paid for that M$ crap so why not ask around their helpdesks? Get something for your money at least before it is discontinued in 2009 :lol:

If the other way a good search on the ubuntu (massive) forums should lead to the info you need.

3. tyknappy

tyknappy Member

ya, i want to connect remotely to my desktop pc through my laptop, i will give that vncserver a try

vista is a pile, im probably going to install ubuntu on my laptop pretty soon anyway