1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

!!!!!HELP!!!!! UMD not working 3.10 OE!!!!!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by emygal715, Feb 24, 2007.

1. emygal715

emygal715 Member

I got a PSP a couple weeks ago, downgraded then installed 3.10 OE. Everything was working fine as far as playing UMD games as well as games from the memory stick (somtimes I would have to enable or disable the NO UMD option in the recovery console). I downloaded some ISO files and most of them I got to work some of them the screen just went black when I loaded and I had to just shut it off to get back to the main screen. Today I went to play a UMD game. I put the UMD in close the door and nothing. No spinning, the UMD icon does not show up nothing. It is as if I didn't put anything in the drive at all. I have tried multiple games. I don't know what to do. If someone has any ideas on how to fix or what is causing this it would be much appreciated. THANKS!

2. trrrt

trrrt Guest

i have a friend that had quite the same problem. the psp read the umd for 2 secs then it would black out. he solved the problem by putting the umd directly into the spinning thing and not in the umd holder. do not close it(the lid)!!!!! if this doesn't work, then your psp is fucked up.

3. emygal715

emygal715 Member

Thanks but that did no good...when I put a UMD in it is like I didn't do anything. It doesn't even spin. I tried this anyway and still nothing. It is like the UMD drive doesn't even exist on the system anymore. I am afraid I may just need a new drive because the motor doesn't even come on when I put the disk in.

4. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

if the umd isn't spinning then the laser doesn't work. you can either get a new psp, replace the umd drive/laser or get a custom firmware and use no umd mode.

5. emygal715

emygal715 Member

I have a custom firmwear and am still able to play from memory stick...but I like my UMD games and would like to keep playing them. How hard is it to replace the UMD drive or laser?