1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP UNBRICKING A PSP WITH TOTALNEWBIEASYINSTALLER!!!!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Squall505, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Squall505

Squall505 Member

I've made my Pandora's Battery and checked that it works (my green power light comes on)

I didnt have another PSP to make the magic memory stick, so I have used a mobile phone's memory card slot and connected it to my computer. I formated the memory stick and ran the installer. It seemed to copy all the files over ok. I put the memery card in my PSP along with the battery and 2 lights on the left side of my PSP light up (green and orange) but then go off after about 10seconds. The screen stays black and no menu appears.

Does anyone have idea what's going wrong? Can this actually unbrick any PSP or just certain ones? I have the FAT PSP-1003 psp by the way. A 4gb sony memory stick and a 3.6v 1800mAh battery.

Would a fully working battery and memory card boot up my friends PSP if I were to test it on his? Or is it because i've used a mobile phone to make the magic memeory stick?

2. acidy

acidy Regular member

I think it MAY BE because of 3 reasons :-
    1. You've used a mobile phone to make the magic memory stick
    2. You've used a 4GB memory stick
    3. You're memory stick is NOT "Memory stick pro duo" :p (Please let me know in the next post ^_^)

btw, you could've made the magic memory stick with your own PSP ^_^
    HERE is the guide to make the magic memory stick ^_^

Also, how did you make your pandora battery ???
    You need a PSP with a 1.50 or custom firmware to make it ^_^

Also, While upgrading your firmware, only upgrade it to 3.71m33 cuz 3.80m33 has some problems playing .iso games >_>
    After you have the 3.71m33 firmware, upgrade it to 3.71m33-4 ^_^
    3.71m33-4 update : HERE

Last edited: Jan 20, 2008
  3. Squall505

Squall505 Member

Hey. Thanks for replying.

I just tried it again with a 512mb pro duo memory stick. Still had no luck. I'm thinking it might be the mobile phone messing it up. But if i dont put the memory stick in in PSP, I don't get the 2 lights coming on, on the left side of the PSP.

The only thing I have done to the battery is open it up, remove the pin and put it back together again. Is there something else I need to do to it using a PSP?

My PSP is totally bricked and I can't make the magic memory stick using it. If i try to turn it on, nothing happens at all so I can't turn on the USB connection. Am I going have to use my friend's PSP and make the magic memory stick from there?
    I was trying to follow this video. http://youtube.com/watch?v=Li8C3GhPoc4

4. acidy

acidy Regular member

aahh :p
    You should've told me that you had a bricked PSP :(
    So, you hardmodded your battery eh ?? :)
    Yeah, it may be because your using your mobile to make the magic memory stick >_>

But well, try using the guide I gave you with your mobile ^_^
    It may work <_<
    Also, if all the steps work successful, then you have made a magic memory stick >_>
    Although I'm still not sure whether it will work by using a mobile >_>

5. Squall505

Squall505 Member

Hehe. Sorry. Forgot to mention that it was fully bricked.

Doesn't the guide you provided need a PSP connected? Either way I'll give it a go with my phone.
    If that fails to work, I'll borrow my friend's PSP and try it again with that.

Is there nothing else that needs to be done with the battery?

I will leave a post letting you know the outcome after trying all of these methods. If all else fails, I'll just have to buy a new PSP I suppose. =[

6. acidy

acidy Regular member

No no !! :p
    You don't need to buy a new PSP ^_^
    You can make a pandora battery if you have another PSP with a custom firmware ^_^
    If else fails, buy a new PSP battery, make the magic memory stick from your friends PSP and I juz hope your friend has 1.50 or custom firmware so that you can make your pandora battery from his PSP if your current pandora battery didn't work :(

7. Squall505

Squall505 Member

Hey =]
    I copied the files using my laptop at work and it did the trick. Everything worked.
    I'm gonna run the program tonight after work =]
    Thanks alot

8. acidy

acidy Regular member

No probs ^_^
    It's been 2 days :)
    So, did it work ??? :)

9. Squall505

Squall505 Member

Hey.
    It seemed to do everything ok. I just need a new PSP battery now and to if it does actually work. I'm gonna buy one from eBay this weekend. I'll let you know the outcome anyway =]