1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Updating from Ixtreme 1.3 to 1.4

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by marcman, Jan 10, 2008.

1. marcman

marcman Member

I bought my hitachi Xbox 360, pre-modded with Ixtreme 1.3 firmware a few months ago. After the recent ban hammer, I do not want to chance going online with my 1.3 firmware, in fear of being banned, therefore I find it necessary to update to 1.4.
    My question are:
    1) How do I update my 360 from 1.3 to 1.4? (Hitachi)
    2) Can I use, the guides already available on the internet, or do I need to follow different steps, since I already have Ixtreme firmware.

I have already bought all of the needed tools (Sata cable, VIA, etc.) to complete the operation. I just seem to be stuck at step One. Sorry for the noob questions, and thanks for any answers!!! :)

2. NserUame

NserUame Regular member

When you download the 1.4 firmware off of xbins theres a restore.bat file. Hook up your 360 like you were flashing it as usual but instead use the restore file. Type in the drive letter for your 360 and it should bring the drive back to stock firmware. Then you can go ahead and flash it like the guides tell you too.

I've never done this for the record so you may want to wait for someone with experience to stop by. However I summarized Dummies guide's page for doing it.

If you don't have Dummies Guide to Hacking the xbox 360 you should stop by 360mods and pick it up. It has more detailed instructions than I feel like typing up.

3. |CL|

|CL| Regular member

You are correct. Restore back to original and then proceed the same way as 1.3 was done.

4. marcman

marcman Member

Awesome! Thank you very much for the replies, guys! Exactly the answer I was looking for. :)

5. paul1978

paul1978 Member

hi there can anyone help, im lookin at buying a 360 and it has ixtreme 1.4 is this the best i can get for my money. also can someone tell me simply what the blaster 360 is. thanx

6. wabashman

wabashman Active member

stop posting the same thing all over the place, its rude and against the site rules.

7. db5304

db5304 Regular member

You can easliy solve your problem in 3 simple steps paul.
    ok here we go.

Step 1: Don't threadjack.
    Step 2: Try the forum search.
    Step 3: Try searching in google.

And there you have it after these 3 easy steps you will be a pro on modding 360's, its how i did it and look at me now 3 successful different 360 mod's. These steps are so simple and easy anyone can be on their way to modding 360's so try my risk free program now.
    Money back guarantee.