1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Uploaded ringtone, but can't access any ringtones now!

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by aquaria, Jan 1, 2005.

1. aquaria

aquaria Member

Help me someone!

Whenever I get a call now, the phone doesn't ring! Its like all ringtones are trapped.

I don't know what I did wrong, i just uploaded a ringtone, and now I can't access them or anything! I click on select on the "ring tone" menu, but it just brings me back one menu. OMG!! Can I reset this thing?! Or anyone knows what i did wrong?! Thanks! :doh:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2005
  2. captk9

captk9 Member

what phone do you have?
    i have the v600 and had same prob it turned outm to be phone issue had it swaped out

3. nvkid909

nvkid909 Member

dont know wots wrong in ur phone, but the ringer profile menus locking out is often a sympton of ppl deleting ringtones (using p2kman etc) that were assigned to things like phonebook entries, alarms, ring styles. i did that b4 then read sumat saying u could delete "mytonedb" & "temptonedb" files in audio folder, cos thyre databases telling the phone wot tones go where... after a restart these files reappear & the ringstyles menus will work again.

ps. apparently if ppl want to delete unwanted tones (in p2kman) they should set all their alarms phonebook & ringstyles to silent - anything that uses a tone first. only delete from the audio folder, dont delete .bas files (motomixer) or funlight.pat. im no expert in this but i managed to delete all the horrible animations, mms templates & pics (except moto.jpg / moto.gif) & tones without doing harm to my phone.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2005