1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help using dvd decrypter for ps2

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by lex__, Sep 6, 2004.

1. lex__

lex__ Member

can someone actually tell me exactly how to use dvd decrypter to backup my ps2 games and what prog to burn with?

2. shola

shola Guest

First of all you can read and write with dvd decrypter. 1. load dvd decrypter then go to the top where it say mode go to the very last option ISO click read put your game in then let it load. 2. When the dvd to hard drive light up click on that and let it rip. 3. When it done go back to MODE and ISO and click write. Where it says source click on the file and open the ISO file you ripped from the game. Put your DVD-r in the burner let it load MAKE SURE ITS ON 1x click on the hard drive to dvd sign and let it burn. there you go hope that works for you

3. Rotary8

Rotary8 Member

Exactly what he said just typed faster then I did :)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]DVDXcopy v321
    DVD Decrypter
    Nero
    MadDog DVD Burner[/small]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2004
  4. masturb16

masturb16 Member

Do you need to change any settings in the ISO Read/Write settings tabs, or anywhere else for this to work correctly? Or is the burn speed the only determining factor. Plus, do you know of a list of PS2 games that are not backuppable?

Thanks.

5. lex__

lex__ Member

i have a few more questions:
    do i need a mod chip in my ps2?
    can i use dvd-rw coz they work with dvds-vids in ps2?

6. Ashman1

Ashman1 Regular member

The only thing that you should have to change is the burn speed (1x). Do not change any other settings.

7. lex__

lex__ Member

CAN I USE DVD-RW???????

8. los2605

los2605 Member

can you use Dvd+R, wuts wrong with that

9. masturb16

masturb16 Member

Does anyone have any input on the whole DVD -/+ R thing? Does the PS2 only support DVD-R, and not DVD+R? Is there a different method to burning each kind of disk? Any help is greatly appreciated, as I have attempted to butn Ratchet and Clank 2 (Going Commando) three times thus far using DVD+R, and I need to know if I am going about this all wrong.

Thanks.

10. Rotary8

Rotary8 Member

Plain and simple to avoid any problems use DVD-R's since its used more then others. And if you use DVD-R's use a good brand cause that will make a difference also.

11. sorcerer3

sorcerer3 Member

I read the iso of Madden 2005 and created a rar file of about 6.7 gig it seems--when I go to write it in iso mode it says the destination disk is not large enough.....Can I use something else now to make it fit on a 4.7 gig disk and how do I go about it????

12. kikipoos

kikipoos Guest

Hi, thanks for the explanation, I tried exactly what is described to backup "Need for Speed 2" and set the speed to x1 however, the PS2 doesn't recognize the DVD. I am using Medianca media and my PS2 isn't modified.

Any tips?

Thanks!

kiki

13. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Your PS2 need to be modified in some way to boot backups. A no-swap modchip is very easy to use but difficult to solder in or you can use Swap Magic disc with either a slide card or fliptop but they can get complicated to use.

14. kikipoos

kikipoos Guest

OK, thanks for the quick response!

kiki