1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help using DVD Decrypter

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by JJYkim, May 4, 2005.

1. JJYkim

JJYkim Member

So I was trying to rip and burn a copy of a kdrama Full House that I borrowed from my friend. It doesn't seem to have any copyright protection so ripping it was easy. But then when it came time for me to select which files I wanted to burn using DVD decrypter, I couldn't find them... In other words, the files are an usupported type. (They're VOB files)

What's the problem? Is there something that I'm not doing?

2. Synthetix

Synthetix Regular member

If you just ripped them, they will not show up. You need DVD Shrink to compress them if they are bigger files, and then they will be converted to an ISO file, which decrypter will then recognize. Hope this helps.

3. JJYkim

JJYkim Member

Hi,
    I opened DVD Shrink, and searched for the folder where I stored the movie on my harddrive...It gave me a message, saying" DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue. Failed to open file C:\DVD Work\Full House - Ripped\VIDEO-TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO

Why? I know the filed are in this folder, but what's preventing the program from opening it?? Please help a very distressed newbie out.

4. Synthetix

Synthetix Regular member

Ok, the best thing to do is use a guide, and follow it. It will solve a lot of your problems. Here is the link:

http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/index.html

Follow the 1st Guide:The Mayo Method....

Hope that helps.

5. JJYkim

JJYkim Member

Hi,
    That's what I've been using, but I'm stuck after the ripping part. DVD Shrink doesn't seem to recognize the files...

6. Synthetix

Synthetix Regular member

Are you making a certain folder for the movie? When you click "REAUTHOR" in DVD Shrink, search for the folder. The TITLE of the movie along with subtitles (if any) will appear. They are not appearing? Are you ripping the movie only? Or making a backup of the entire disk?

7. JJYkim

JJYkim Member

The folder appears, but the movie doesn't....and as for your second question, I'm ripping the DVD, not copying the entire thing.

Thanks in advance!