1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP USING SWAP MAGIC V3.3!!!!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Malike25, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Malike25

Malike25 Member

I recently purchased a flip-top cover and SwapMagic V3.3. I have a PS2 V4, I currently have used DVD Decrypter and Alcohol 120% to backup FIFA 2005 and Tony Hawks Underground 2. I installed my flip top cover and follow the instructions on other threads on backing up the game. The following are the steps I take to load the game into the PS2:

1) Insert SwapMagic DVD V3.3 into PS2 then I turn it on.
    2) Screen pops up, 2 things on there, "Load Program" and "Video Mode: Normal"
    3) I then wait till it says insert media, flip open cover, and insert my backup of the game.
    4) It looks like its loading and you can hear the DVD+R spinning but I then get a message saying "Please inset PS2 Disc".

I have been working on it all day today and have used both DVD Decrypter and Alcohol 120% to make copies but none of the copies work. I was reading on other threads that the DVD+R disks used can make a difference. Is this true? I'm currently using Dynex DVD+R 8x 120 Min/4.7 GB disks that I recently purchased on sale. I'm new to this and need help!!! I'm getting really frustrated w/this little project and would really appreciate someone's help. Thank You!!

2. woohoo

woohoo Member

u use dvd+r, i think that the problem there, because ps2 don't really compatible with dvd+r, i recommend dvd-r, good quality kind. u should try to back up those game using dvd-r.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2004
  3. Malike25

Malike25 Member

Thanx. Do you have any specific brand of DVD-R that you use w/success??

4. gillies

gillies Regular member

if you are getting the "please insert ps2 disk" screen then you must be resetting the ps2 when you put your backup in otherwise you shouldnt see that. i have swap magic and you will not see that red "please insert ps2 disk" screen even if youre backup has not worked cheeck that you are not pressing eject.

5. epepper9

epepper9 Regular member

Apparently Riteks are good, I use tdks for dvd movie backups which work well at 8x speed, but try ritek dvd-rs at 1x.

6. Malike25

Malike25 Member

Thanx. When it says "Please Insert PS2 Disc", its not the PS2 telling me to do that its the Swap Magic Program. I dont push reset. I flip open my PS2 after inserting Swap Magic and then press Load Program then it looks like its loading and then it says "Please Insert PS2 disk".

7. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Is that the red splash screen you're getting? That means it's not realizing your backup is a ps2 game. On my v4, i use HP dvd+r 4x disks and they work everytime. Use dvd decrypter and burn as slow as possible.

8. Malike25

Malike25 Member

dragulaAC, its not the red splash screen. I know which one your talking about. When it tells me to "Please insert PS2 Disc" is after i've loaded SwapMagic and after it asks me to insert my PS2 game. I then flip open the top and place my backup into the PS2, then I press the "Load Program" icon, then it looks like its loading the game. Then it goes to the main Swap Magic menu and it says "Please insert PS2 Disc". How do you get your games to load?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2004
  9. gillies

gillies Regular member

try all diff media see if that works,and also a120.

10. Drifty

Drifty Member

riteks lately have been very dodgy...

try burning with verbatim or tdk dvd-r media and that should work

11. sensiie

sensiie Member

I just got my swap magic 3.3 today, and I first tried burning 2 games on G05 ritek ridata dvd-r(8x capable). I burnt at the lowest speed available in dvd decryptor.... after figuring out the actual swaping method :p I would either get not a valid ps2 game(or something like this) or it would begin to load or load somewhat(but then just stop) or for one game it would load to the intro movie but be soo choppy and just stop for half a minute etc.....

Just tried the same game with a verbatim dvd-r datalife plus 4x capable, it bammmm! loads like a charm.....
    Played the game for about an hour to see if there would be any problems.... notta one

12. Malike25

Malike25 Member

Thanks sensiie!! Are you using the DVD Swap Magic Disc? Kinda dumb question but I just want to be sure. Can you plese tell me the exact way you backup your game. Thanx.

13. XhyDra

XhyDra Member

Riteks are ok but lately they have been very weak so to speak, I would recommend Sony, TDK, Verbatim, and most definitely Taiyo Yuden DVD-R's.

14. Mark13760

Mark13760 Member

Are you sure you are using the DVD 3.3 swap magic disc for a DVD game or maybe you are using the CDR one.
    They look the same and I did that by accident and it did what you said.

15. sensiie

sensiie Member

Yes Malike25 I am using the dvd swap magic(had to use special boot alot the 0 instead of the X on the controller once I swaped in my backup game.

I am using dvd decryptor, select iso read mode from the mode tab, then select the destination folder and did not change any other settings, and then used the the iso write to burn it.

So far any games burnt onto verbatim work wicked, but I have yet to get any games burnt onto g05 to even fully load lol.

I think I might just order some Taiyo Yuden from online and see how they work out.

cheers
    Sensiie

16. Malike25

Malike25 Member

Well I'm going to try backing up my games to Verbatim DVD-R media. I'll let you guys know how it works out. Thanx!