1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help w/ evolution dash...please!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by jcburf, Jul 9, 2003.

1. jcburf

jcburf Member

hi, some of you might remember me, ive been on and off this board since april when i got my matrix modchip. the thing is i still havent got everything working but im almost there.

i need help making an iso of evox dash. i got the dash from that "bitable" site. im using xiso to make the iso. if anyone has that version of dash (3782) and knows how to get it to work, please tell me! im sorry im always asking dumb questions but i dont know what else to do. thanks

2. brown9046

brown9046 Member

3. Netscanur

Netscanur Member

Never use Xiso to do anything, it does nothing but cause problems (Use Craxtion in combination with GDFImage) . Also, if you're brand new to the scene, I'd suggest using Slayer's Autoinstaller. It should be in the same place as the other files...

Last edited: Jul 10, 2003
  4. jcburf

jcburf Member

thanks, i'll try craxtion if i can find it. but i cant use the autoinstaller, b/c my connection is too slow and it would take me around 6 hrs to download. i visit seamonkey's site all the time, but he uses a different version of evo dash than me and i have trouble following it.

if there is anyone out there that has sucessfully made an Xiso of evo. dash ver. 3782 and can give me any tips, I'd much appreciate it.

5. Netscanur

Netscanur Member

It really is worth the time to download the autoinstaller, just download overnight. Anyhow, to make an image, just rename your evoxdash.xbe to default.xbe so the console will read that file and execute it. I would set up all my network settings in evox.ini before you actually create the xiso, because you can't edit it since it's on CD-R and xbox won't write to anything. I'd also include some sort of file browser, xToolbox works well. Hell, you might even make that the default.xbe and just put all the evox files on the disk and copy them over with that. <shrug> Whichever, good luck on all that...

6. jcburf

jcburf Member

thanks, i havent tried most of that. ill give it a try and if worse comes to worse i dl the autoinstaller. hopefully ill get everything to work one of these days (im starting to feel like an idiot).
    thanks for all the help netscanur

7. jcburf

jcburf Member

hey, does anyone have a link where i can download slayers autoinstaller? for some reason that bitable.blueyonder site cant be accessed anymore. i looked on google and only found sites with the dashboard. -any help is much appreciated