1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help W/ Slow Load Times

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by smooth_1, Apr 12, 2005.

1. smooth_1

smooth_1 Member

I have backed up a few games but I am mostly having problems. I have backed up Fightnight2, MVP 2005, MLB 2006 and all three have had terrible load times. I have used Ritek G05 -R discs along with TDK RICOHJPN-R01-02 +R disks and it doesn't seem to matter. I have a sony dw-d22a burner. I have used dvd decrypter in iso read and write mode and I have slowed my burner down to 1x read and write speed. I have also tried to burn an image that I had made w/ decrypter w/ alcohol 120% and it wouldn't even load the game. I have cleaned my laser with a alcohol soaked swab and still no improvemnet. I am tired of wasting disks on the slow games. Any help would be great. Thanks to all that have taken the time to read my long winded post.

OUT

2. pj3101

pj3101 Member

*bump* same prob

3. E_Pizza

E_Pizza Regular member

k what you need to do is rebuld the iso image of the game that in turn will decrease the sixe f the image file and will result in faster loading times. Just search on google or on this forum for threads its very simple to do. Another solution is to use HD Advance

4. steimy

steimy Active member

do you have Nero by any chance? My copy of MX-VS-ATV had slow load times and i used a method that requires Nero and it worked great.

5. smooth_1

smooth_1 Member

Any chance of getting you to post a link on how to rebuild. I don't want to have to search for hours. I'd appreciate it. Thanks

6. ch7896

ch7896 Member

I know everything says to burn at the slowest speed possible but a friend of mine had a problem with load times when he burnt the discs at 1x and the problem went away when he kicked it up to 4x. using DVD decrypter for both read and write

7. steimy

steimy Active member

If you have Nero try this.

Step 1.
    Decrypt the ps2 game to your hard drive using dvd decryptor.

Step 2.
    Open up Isobuster and load in the image file.

Step 3.
    Hold shift and highlight all the game files and put them in a folder.

Step 4.
    Open up Nero burning rom and create a new UDF/ISO dvd (It's the last one in the list). Drop all the game files into Nero in the same order as it is listed in Isobuster. Just keep Isobuster open as a reference when you do this. Nero will change the order of the files graphically, however they burn in the order that you dropped them in.

Step 5.
    Name the image and burn it at 4x.

Step 6.
    Presto, you've rebuilt and burned a PS2 game. Play it.

8. smooth_1

smooth_1 Member

Thanks, I will try it out and let you know.

9. smooth_1

smooth_1 Member

I tried the steps that you listed and the game wouldn't play. It said please enter a PS2 game. Maybe I missed something? More help would be great. Thanks

10. MinCL525

MinCL525 Member

Same thing here. I use Memorex dvd-r 8X and some games i backed up such as GTA: San Andreas and Def Jam 2:fight for new york have extremely long loading time at some part of the game. Also some of the movie part of the game will skip for a sec. I use DVD decypter to read and write (using 1x writing speed). Can some one tell me what seems to be the problem?

11. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

My MX Vs. ATV has a little long loading times...Not that long that it bothers me- But actually you know what my Metal Gear Solid 3 skipped like hell with those damn Memorex! So I recommend you NOT use those AT ALL! But I tried using Maxell and they work 100% of the time for me...

12. smooth_1

smooth_1 Member

Any more advice would be great. I have tried Ritek G05 -r and tdk +r and still no luck. Thanks

13. ch7896

ch7896 Member

I have a v4 ps2 flip top and SM 3.3 and I have yet to personally back up a game that didn't work on my system. Using DVD Decrypter for read and write and I've used Memorex 8x DVD+R, Maxell 8x DVD-R and a brand called Teon DVD+R that I picked up at Staples for like $16 for a spindle of 40. Also used Alcohol to back up a couple of CD games on cheap cd's from WalMart that don't even have a brand on them that I can find other than a big "D" in an oval. Probably had a name on the original package but it's long since thrown away. A friend of mine brought over a backed up copy of Tekken 5 and it had horribly slow load times. I copied the copy and the copy that I made of his backup worked better than the backed up copy that I started with which I don't understand. Had a similar thing happen with Lego Star Wars except it was the original that didn't load well and the backup while still not working completely perfect worked better than the original in my system.

14. smooth_1

smooth_1 Member

Is there a problem with sports games maybe? I am a huge sports fan and that is just about all that I play. So those are the only ones that I have tried to BU. mvp 2005, fightnight2, mlb 2006, and Nascar Chase for the Cup all have had terrible load times, Rocky is about the only one that plays fine for me.

15. MinCL525

MinCL525 Member

I tried to rebuilt the iso, but when i try to put my iso files into the same order as the isobuster, nero wont let me put them into the order i wanted. It either put it in order by name, date, size, or type. How do i make nero not to do that for me?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2005
  16. smooth_1

smooth_1 Member

Any other advice?

17. danmag

danmag Member

would it work if i burn it with nero express iso file

18. ytzulu

ytzulu Member

when i tried to build defjam new york, the swap magic creen showed an error. anyone sucsesfully rebuild dafjam2 - coz the load times are the worst ive ever seen.

19. LiquidusX

LiquidusX Regular member

i wanna this too ^^^