1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP W/ XBIT V.1.5

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by petypablo, Nov 6, 2004.

1. petypablo

petypablo Member

Help I have an xbit v 1.5 and i am running an xp os but my problems are notlike others running xp my problem is not that my flash software freezes up my problemis whenever i try to write some thing it starts to erase bocks and that too after i erase it and it clearly says it is earased. Anyone out there have the same problem and is there a solution/ Also I was wondering what is evox and how do i get it, i here from some that it is software and some that it is not. All I really want to do w/ my xbit is back up my games. I have gone to tutorial sites non of which have helped my can someone help me I'm a very much newbie to modding of xbox(s) Please help me!!!

2. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

Ok I can help you out, but unfortunatley I will need some more info on your xbox, you chip (such as did you flash it and with what), and I can help you out a lot more. One thing is, evox is software but I and many other call it a dashboard (like the one you have that says memory, music, xbox live, settings) but this one allows more things like auto sorting out what you have program wise in your xbox. It's very hard to explain but tut's are really good.

Degalle

3. petypablo

petypablo Member

Yeah...
    At I flashed a game with the standard flash software for an xbit(running xp). But the odd thing was it did not freeze up! Also to flash from your xbit to your computer due you need the xbox on? I really appreciate you helping me.

Thanks...

4. petypablo

petypablo Member

Up for some odd reason I can not erase my 2 mb flash now. And w/my xbit I am pretty sure that write protect is off because, the little peice on the chip which is for write protection did not come w/the write protection part of the internal chip. Also this problem is very new, I think I may have on the external chip switched those cord by mistake (yellow and black cords) and now when I switch them in the write place the green light does not light and when I put them in the wrong place they light up. It does not seem that anything is wrong / the chip. What do you suspect and has this ever happened to you is there a solution. Also I downloaded evox from the following site, if you could please be so nice as to try this out on your xbit and tell me weather it works. I am really desperate to get this mod chip up and running soon. Here is that site:
    http://home.alltel.net/nghtshd/evtool.html.
    I would really be thankful if you could guide me on how to backup my xbox games. I here a lot about ftping (file transfer protocol) but I still do not understand how that can relate to xboxes. I really am very confused on how to back up games form my xbox to my computer and therefore bunning it so I can play the games. As said before have seen many internet tutorials for the xbit on backing up xbox games but none I could really understand. Please respond ASAP

Thanks...

5. petypablo

petypablo Member

Hey,
    If you have halo 2, I was wondering can ftp halo 2 the iso image. If you get the halo 2 iso image what is your next step and the step after that.

Thanks so much!!!

6. petypablo

petypablo Member

I am asking you weather you have halo 2 and can ftp me it.

7. petypablo

petypablo Member

I made a careless mistake...
    When Ihad at one timegot it to connect but not erase bios and I even tried formating it but it would not erase. The Flash would not erase. RIght about now I am running xp on my computer and am trying to get it to connect to the computer from the xbit. It will not connect and it comes up w/ a message saying, " not connected to target. (using xbit flash software. Now I am trying to find a way to find a patch for the running xp w/ the xbit. I do not know how to use evox but I am hoping to hear back from you on how to use evox and weather I can flash with running xp using my xbit.
    Thanks.

8. petypablo

petypablo Member

I got the external chip to work. Now it the external chip lights up at the right time. Just can't connect and flash running xp!!

9. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

you seem like you had a fun time talking to yourself lol. Na but sry it's just I only get on once a night if i can help it lol. That's really weird on how that is working, but do you know for a fact that the chip won't work in you xbox? If you can do what you do to program and flash the chip and then put it in the xbox (if you can't get a connection to your chip then skip this part). But then when it boots up is there anything where the xbox logo is? Like does it say xbit or xodus or just something different from the original xbox text. Try that and if it says something different or pops up as please insert disk with linux.bios to flash chip then your modchip works and you don't need the programmer/flasher. Talk back and I'll try to help out.

10. petypablo

petypablo Member

I am sure that nothing is wrong w/ the chip, but when I start up on my xbox it shows a green light in the external flash chip. But my games start up and play fine. But I have not done the powerbutton installation. Basically I have not done ANY soldering. I just looked a bit on this site and there are about five people on this site which have an xbit and have the exact same problem as me. I dont know what to do?
    Thanks...

11. petypablo

petypablo Member

Also once I get the iso image of the game what is the next step. I am just thinking that I will just download the iso image of the internaet or somnething like kazza. I am really wanting to download Deaf Jam. If you can help me out there it would be greatly appreciated. Also when I have Got the pireted game on CD is there any other way that I can get it on all xboxes. If not do you know... because whenever I try to play a pireted it comes up w/ i an error, so maybe I don't know how to activate/deactivate the mod chip can you help me there?

Thanks...

12. petypablo

petypablo Member

Meaning I want to know weather there is a way to have the game(s) that I had burned have the capiblity to work on other xboxes.

Please reply ASAP.

Thanks...