1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help! weird clicking noise with fliptop!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by motopro, Oct 31, 2004.

1. motopro

motopro Member

i have a fliptop on my ps2 and i recently backed up my spiderman 2 game. all was fine, i got the blue border, but then when the ps2 was starting to spin the disc, it was making a crazy, loud clicking noise constantly. I dont know what is wrong becuase it doesn't do this with the original spiderman 2 cd. please help! im using Sony DVD-R media.

2. motopro

motopro Member

anyone?

3. Nealio

Nealio Regular member

I have the same problems... some originals don't make noise with my fliptop, some will, same goes for backups. What I do is stick a spindle of cds on top of the actual fliptop part and it doesn't make any noises. Some other people have been successful putting a piece of cardboard or nuts behind the white disc, but I've tried that and it didn't work for me and I just ended up breaking one of the three little notches holding the disc in and had to super glue it lol.

4. motopro

motopro Member

so i should add a little pressure to the top of the fliptop?

5. motopro

motopro Member

still no luck, i tried to add some added pressure to the top and i even switched the white things but it still makes noise as if something is scratching the top of the cd. please help!