1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help what am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by noob617, Jun 12, 2007.

1. noob617

noob617 Member

Hello. I successfully flashed my Xbox 360's Hitachi LG 47DJ drive with C4EVA_XTRM-HITACHI_v2_4_Stealth firmware. I have a LITE-ON SHW-160P6S dual layer burner. I bought Dvd+R Verbatim double layer dvds. I tried to burn Gears of war which comes with a .dvd file and image.ooo file. I opened .dvd in notepad and deleted line break line and put the sectors 1913760 in dvd decrypter. I tried it but it didn't boot in the 360. I then tried imgburn and clone cd. Those didn't work either. I updated the firmware for my lite on drive to the latest and tried gears again using dvd decrypter and it worked. I thought upgrading the firmware solved the problem but I tried burning 2 other games which have iso and dvd files. I did it in the same way in dvd decrypter but it gave me no luck. Is it my burner? I just got lucky to even burn one good one out of 12? Thanks..

-Oops one more thing I used LITE ON's bit setting tool to change drive from DVD+R to dvd-rom.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2007
  2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

try imgburn or xbox backup creator, they have never failed for me. with xbox backup creator open the .dvd file and it will set the layerbreak and everything and burn fine.

3. noob617

noob617 Member

Thanks imgburn didn't work but i will try xbox backup creator. I think it must be my drive.

4. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

yup thats wierd! liteon is good drive though! this is what works for me. when i create the backup with .dvd file i open it in clone cd and just burn it!

don't touch the settings in the .dvd file!

5. Memnock

Memnock Active member

I have a Lite-on and burnt 360 in CloneCD, IMGburn and DVD Decrpyter. IMGburn is my preferred program though. I think maybe your 47DJ could have a weak laser. Those old Hitachis are notorious for that. If you know someone with a flashed 360 why don't you see if some of your burns will work in it?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2007
  6. noob617

noob617 Member

hmm i think your right about the weak laser because sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Like ps2 is it possible to adjust the pots on the laser?

7. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

im sure there is just like with the old xbox dvd drives check google for xbox dvd drive pot tweak