1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help, what i'm doing wrong

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by dnelson, Feb 18, 2005.

1. dnelson

dnelson Member

i just bought the fliptop case and installed it. now my swap disc is noting reading do i put the disc on the top or do i still put the disc in the regalur way please help.

2. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

You load Swap Magic, and originals the normal way. You only use the fliptop for the 'swap' to the backup.

3. dnelson

dnelson Member

i tried the orginal way and it still reads disc error. but i will keep trying. so let me get this right i load the swap in the orginal way then when it says insert a disc i take out the swap disc and put the back up disc in the flip top correct. now i didn't put all the screws back in could this be part of the problem

4. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

You put in Swap Magic as you would an original, then when ready to swap, you take out Swap Magic from the fliptop and insert your backup through the fliptop.

As for Swap Magic not reading, do any originals read right now for you? I would try screwing in maybe a few on the drive side at least, I've noticed some people have problems where they actually have to have pressure on the drive for it to read properly. (ex. a book on top of the drive side of their ps2)