1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help - where did I go wrong?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by JenOU, Nov 26, 2003.

1. JenOU

JenOU Member

Hi everyone!

Well, I just got software to burn DVDs. Somehow, I made an error in burning my first DVD (Finding Nemo). First, I decided to compress the data in Shrink 3.0. Because the bar was completely green, though, I assumed it’d be okay to go ahead with the burning. I opened DVD Decrypter.

Mode, ISO, Read. I extracted the file onto my C: drive.

When it was finished, I was left with two files:

Finding Nemo.iso
    Finding Nemo.mds

The tutorial online told me to find a .dvd file; since there was none, I selected the .mds. I got an error message that told me the file size was too big. I remembered the bar in Shrink 3.0 being completely green, so I bypassed the error message and continued with the burn. It got to about 56% after 15 minutes, and an error message popped up:

I/O Error!
    Device: [0:0:0]_NEC DVD+RW ND-5100A 10AC (D:)
    SsciStatus 0x02
    Interpretation: Check condition

CDB: 2A 00 00 23 05 40 00 00 10 00
    Interpretation: Write (10) – Sectors: 2295104 – 2295119

Sense Area: 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 21 00 00 00 00 00
    Interpretation: Logical Block Address Out of Range

It quit burning after that 56%, and now all I have is the federal warning on disc, lol. I think my first error was picking the .mds file over the .iso. My second was probably ignoring that message saying the content was too large for the disc.

Also, when I used Shrink 3.0 before, instead of giving me a few files, it gave me about 25 mini files. Is this typical? What would I do with 25 little files?

Any advice out there, on Finding Nemo, and the multiple files Shrink gave me?

Thanks!
    Jen

2. malum

malum Regular member

This belongs in the Newbie forum

DVD shrink will always show a green bar because the default setting is auto compression so it is showing you that if you compressed it it would fit on a disc.

If you want to make and burn an image of a single layer disc (one that will fit on one DVD) just rip the ISO with decrypter and then use dycrypter to burn the image it just made.