1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

!HELP! WiiKey Issue

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Toque, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Toque

Toque Member

The short story: My WiiKey modded Wii no longer reads burned CD-R's after updating to 1.9b.

The long story: I've never updated the firmware on my WiiKey, so as far as I know it was version 1.0. I got home tonight and updated my Wii to whatever version is the latest as of last night. Then I burnt the 1.9b update disc and dropped it in the Wii and started updating. It went through one update to 100%, then it prompted me with same stuff again so I popped out the CD, which I thought would stop the update program. Instead it didn't so I hit reset to go through the next prompts, then it started updating again and when it hit 100% with no disc in the Wii, it basically just sat there with a 100% bar, nothing else happened. So I turned the Wii off and when I tried to use a burned disc it would no longer recognize it. So now my Wii is behaving as if I don't have a WiiKey at all, it plays legit games but nothing burned. Did I just kill my WiiKey?

If anyone can help with this it would be much appreciated.

2. r1cht3a

r1cht3a Member

Try burning on to DVDs not CD's?
    Try the wiikey 1.6g.

3. N0_0ne

N0_0ne Regular member

I believe a restore disc for 1.9b is available at the wiikey website, try using that,

Last edited: Nov 7, 2007
  4. N0_0ne

N0_0ne Regular member

5. Toque

Toque Member

I've burned everything onto DVD-R's and the problem is that the Wii will no longer recognize them even though I have a WiiKey installed.

The only thing I haven't done is burned them at anything lower than 8X.