1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[help]windows cd doesnt boot?

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by migueldbr, Feb 28, 2006.

1. migueldbr

migueldbr Guest

i wanna reformat my harddisk, so i put my windows cd in the dvdrw drive and restarted my pc.then it said "press any key to boot from cd", so i pressed any key.then the blue screen saying "windows setup" appeared but instead of loading the cd contents, it just stops and does nothin...doesnt load anything on the cd...why does this happen?

2. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

YOu can formatt your HDD on your desktop i think...go to My Computer and go to the drive that you want to format right click and click format, that is what it has on mine, o yea and make sure you have a backup disk with Windows on it because when you format it will erase everything of your HDD including Windows

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2006
  3. Milton007

Milton007 Member

Just a thought. Reboot your computer, press the "delete" key, or it could be the "F2" key. This will take you to your computer's Setup screen. Choose the boot order and change the order from "A, "C", "D", assuming that "D" is your CD/DVD drive. to "D", "A", and "C". This will allow the computer to boot from the CD/DVD drive. You will probally have to go back into setup once you've completed installing Windows and reset the boot order. Check your startup screen and you should see instructions on how to enter the setup screen. Hope this helps.

4. SypherTek

SypherTek Guest

why dont you start windows setup from within windows,

stick the cd in the drive and select a fresh install, it will load all the files you need before the computer reboots.

5. migueldbr

migueldbr Guest

@Syphertek

i did that too and didnt work,so i used another dvd drive and it worked...dont know whats wrong...:S

6. dejahboi

dejahboi Regular member

It is probably is the hard drive because i had experience putting a new disc drive on a older computer, didnt work, so i end up putttin the old one back and it worked...probably firmware or something like that