1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!!!! Windows Media Audio V2

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by ulysse, May 22, 2002.

1. kevong

kevong Guest

i got it... i tried nimo its now working.. thx

2. joejoejoe

joejoejoe Guest

install the nimo audio codecs they work fine!

3. xmasallyr

xmasallyr Member

I downloaded an episode of The X-Files and it has Windows Media Audio V2 which is unsupported by any of my players (file share player, DivX player, Windows Media Player for XP)...is there something I can download to make this audio work? I can see the video. The nimo codec pack seems to not be working very well. Help me if you can !

4. bowen2003

bowen2003 Member

If you are installing the nimo codecs but it still isn't working, I think the problem is the options you select when you install them. By default it is not a full installation - go through each of the installation options, expand the categories and make sure that windows media audio or whatever is checked.

I did this and now mine works fine.

Good luck.

5. A02

A02 Member

I finally found the solution for Windows Media Audio V2. My post is long but is worthy. You don't need to install Nimo and other software which force you to use their spyware! You have to replace a file named msaud32.acm in your windows\system\ folder with the following file. Although it may be the same version as your file (7.00.00.1954) the file is hacked and works for AVI. Copy everything below this line to an empty TXT file opened in WordPad (not in Notepad). Then save the file (as a text file) and rename it WMA.UUE, then open it with WinZip and extract the file. No restart is needed for the change to work. You can keep your original file renaming it, if you want to be able to restore the system later (although you won't want).

*** Sorry, FILE IS MISSING. ***
    *** READ THE NEXT MESSAGE ***

Last edited: Dec 16, 2002
  6. A02

A02 Member

However please note that the above WILL NOT work because the post has been CUT by the server. SORRY. It's about 230KB. If moderator wants to post the full message, email me at JDTUIJNRNBGZ@spammotel.com. This address will be valid till the end of the year max.

UPDATED: My post is currently available at http://www.moviecodec.com/mb/topic287.shtml

Last edited: Dec 16, 2002