1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with 2.81

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by emerica_1, May 2, 2007.

1. emerica_1

emerica_1 Member

i have 2.81 firmware right now, and I am trying to get to 3.40 oe-a. I need help on how to get there.What firmwares do i need to get to that one. Please help. Thanks

2. Blahs

Blahs Member

hey dude,

what you need to do is first upgrade to the official 3.03FW (NOT 3.30!), from which you can downgrade to the 1.5 FW by using the GTA:LCS unpatched game(yes, this specific game with FW v 2.0 on and no other!).
    after that i think you can upgrade to whichever OE version you want.

Ive only upgraded to the 3.03 oe-c myself, but as far as a read on this forum, as long as you have FW v 1.5, you're safe.

here is the link:
    3.03 to 1.5

remember, follow the instructions exactly!, there are no 'maybe if i use this instead...' or 'i dont want to do this part cause i dont want those features...'. Anything like that and your psp will brick!

other than that...enjoy!
    (instructions are as clear as they come...i used them when i new nothing and it still worked the first time)

3. emerica_1

emerica_1 Member

Hey thanks! my psp got stolen today though, so who knows what version ill end up with. I wont buy until I find one with a firmware that can eventually lead to 3.40 oe-a because its the best. Thanks for the help though. Who knows maybe i'll end up with another 2.81. Thanks

4. emerica_1

emerica_1 Member

HEY, i screwed up, i got a new psp, but its a 3.20.CRAP! Im going to have to trade it in and get a 2.81. Are they rare to find? I did get the unpatched gta though. O ya, if there is any possible way to hack a 3.20, please help me. I doubt it though.

thanks

5. Blahs

Blahs Member

sorry to hear about the stolen artifact...

you'll be better off trying to trade your new psp for another psp with FW 3.03 or below. all the other havent been hacked yet, except 3.11.

3.2 you say? everyone still waiting for the 3.11 downgrade, and judging by the long wait you'll definitely be better off trading.

good hunting!

6. emerica_1

emerica_1 Member

ok, I went to my friends house because I got a 2.81. I got the game and everything, and long story short, I have 3.40 oe-a. He put an ISO on my memory stick. I got a new mem. stick though. I was wondering how do I put ISO's on my psp like he did?

7. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

So you are on 3.40oe now? If so, format your ms via psp. Then just place iso/cso into the ISO folder in your ms.

8. Oraseth

Oraseth Regular member

As Blackvamp stated, once you format the memstick with the PSP, it will create all the valid folder that you need. After this, just plug you PSP in with a USB cable, and copy the games "backup" images in to the ISO folder on the memorystick.