1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with 321 Patch for DVD Extreme

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by struby, Jun 1, 2004.

1. struby

struby Guest

I have DVD Extreme, and I downloaded the 321 RIP patch and extracted it into the xpressRf folder and double clicked the 321 rip icon, it asks "do you want to enable the ripper" and I click okay and it says "unable to find file to patch". There is no DVDxcopyRf folder in DVD extreme only xPressRF. So can you please help (in dummy form) in how to make this work properly. HELP!!! I have looked for the "bouducon.dll" file, and cannot locate it anywhere in any of my folders. I did the Search from the Start menu and typed it in there just like a previous thread instructed, but that did not work. This file simply does not exist in DVD Extreme. This is a 321 studios program with the dvd xCopy Xpress RF program in it. I know the 321 Rip patch should work, but I can't figure it out. Can anyone please help me. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I'm going out of my mind here.

2. struby

struby Guest

ALSO... I have the following .dll files in my XPressRF folder .... [bold]DVDXpress.dll , unicows.dll , Xpress.dll , vso_hwe.dll , DVDXRes.dll , and Common.dll[/bold]. Are any of these maybe "modified" bouducon.dll files??? I'm really stuck here you guys. Please help.

3. brobear

brobear Guest

Search RF to RI and post the question there. Psidoc might know as he is up on the patch.

4. RWG

RWG Regular member

Did you get the patch from the site posted by PsiDOC?

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/86110

In his FAQs he says it works with DVDXTREME RF.

...I own DVDXCOPY and EXPRESS and PLATINUM but don't use them or have them installed. I opted for better results using the software in my sig...

5. struby

struby Guest

where can I find the file "bouducon.dll" v1.3.5.103? Apparently all I have to do is paste this .dll file into my folder, then run the 321 patch. Can you tell me where to find that particular .dll file?

-struby

6. brobear

brobear Guest

The file would have to come from DVD X Copy with the ripper. Wonder what the laws are on rewriting software?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][bold]'brobear'[/bold]

[​IMG][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2004
  7. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

struby, you could try re-installing Extreme. Also the folders should be found here. program files\321studiosrf\...then what ever program (ie.XCopy, XCopy Express etc...). Open those files and put the patch there. I have XCopy Platinum. I have to click local disk, then program files, then 321studiosRF, then platinum. This is where my "bouducon.dll" is. Hope this helps. Also I believe you need to put 321rip in every "RF" folder.

8. flip218

To my knowledge... Only the "bouducon.dll" file is the only one that is getting replaced/modified.

9. flip218

Everybody read this thread. Read the first post.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/86048

I believe 321rip replaces the bouducon file with a different one. One not from 321studios(ie a copyrighted .dll)

10. brobear

brobear Guest

Unless the program has changed, the bouducon.dll file in the RF is renamed bouducon.bak and the file is replaced by a bouducon.dll file from the pre RF program. [bold]Ripper version (bouducon.dll) replaces RF version (bouducon.dll) and RF version named (bouducon.bak)[/bold] .

If a bouducon file exists in a program, the file can be found by using the Search function. If the bouducon file exists the Search will give the path. Remember this, the file being replaced is named bouducon.dll in the X Copy, If the file named bouducon.dll is not there, then it can't be exchanged. Unless they've figured out something new. I don't know everything they've written.

[​IMG][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2004
  11. PsiDOC

PsiDOC Member

This is from the original thread. I have no reason to doubt it works with Xtreme.

The fole that needs to be patched should be in the XpressRF folder somewhere. Perhaps they have now marked it as a hidden system file, so you can't see it unless you change you system views in windows.
    Suggest you drop 321RIP into the XpressRF folder and try running it, I think you'll be plesently surprised..
    Regards,
    Psi

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]PsiDOC.... Poking the DMCA with a stick, then running away![/small]

Last edited: Jun 2, 2004
  12. struby

struby Guest

Tried looking for hidden bouducon.dll file your search hidden folders STILL NOT THERE. In the program DVD Extreme it has to have been named something else. There is other .dll files but not that one. Anyways found the file on another DVDF program , got it , put it where it needs to go, and IT WORKED, it did its first phase , but when it went to write DVD, it came up with an error( ERROR CANNOT WRITE CHECK LOG FILE) Well it works half way but not completely any one have this problem?

13. PsiDOC

PsiDOC Member

321Rip has nothing to do with the recording side whatsoever it enables the CSS ripper on the read side. I suggest you check the error log (As stated) by the error message and see what the problem is.
    Regards,
    Psi

14. drvby

drvby Member

I too am attempting to make the dvd extreme version work. The version I purchased 3.2.5.17. It contains neither the file bouducon in any visible form nor will the 321rip patch work on my version. When attempting the patch "Unable to find file to patch" is the only action I see. Some one with much more indepth computer skills please help me get the $125 out of this of this program back out.

15. brobear

brobear Guest

Get a copy of AnyDVD. Any questions about AnyDVD, search the Forums.

16. PsiDOC

PsiDOC Member

Drvby.
    If it's DVDXcopy Xpress 3.2.5.17 the directory you need to put 321rip in is:
    C:\Program Files\321StudiosRF\Xpress
    Regards,
    Psi

17. brobear

brobear Guest

Hey PsiDoc.
    They're off talking extreme again. No bouducon in extreme is there. Don't you just like them drive by bears. Find the file and see if it is close enough to rename.

[​IMG][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2004
  18. brobear

brobear Guest

Unless someone finds a patch for Extreme, AnyDVD would be a working solution until they did.

19. struby

struby Guest

If you have DVD Extreme, which has DVD Xcopy Xpress. There are certain steps you have to go through in certain order for it to work ( read the KEY words)

1.Obtain the boudacon file from another (soure) ( you have to find it somewhere else , it is not in DVD Extreme.

2. After you find it, get it ,and put it into the xpress rf folder

3. Put 321 rip into the xpress rf folder, enable it

4. Then it should work, if not there are a few more steps you can take, let me know if that works

20. brobear

brobear Guest

If all you're wanting to do is get the file from the patch, why didn't you say so. Just go into the folder you want. Create a new folder and name it bouducon.dll and then run the patch and see what happens.