1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with 360 flash

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by reaper07, Jun 19, 2007.

1. reaper07

reaper07 Guest

1st off im not asking anyone to tell me the same stuff that ive read over and over

basically what im askin is how do i know if have a SATA cable or whatever its called at all

and can someone show me pics of EXACTLY how the whole 360 to pc connection looks (physically), and where on my pc would the SATA be located

and also do what is this floating ground thing i keep hearing about

and im not sure but how can i tell if my dvd burner can burn dual layer dvds ?

2. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

this is a picture of sata cables
    http://sierra-cables.com/SATA/Images/SATA-Signal-Cable-1.jpg
    if your computer doesnt have them then you will need to buy a sata card. the floating ground is just an electrical thing. connect the xbox and the computer with a ground wire. if you want a picture of the setup and picture or how to ground the xbox download the hacking the xbox 360 for dummies pfd. it has great picture and will help you. and if you know the model of your dvd drive you can look it up on google to see if it supports dl dvd

3. steimy

steimy Active member

4. reaper07

reaper07 Guest

do i have to open my pc to see if it has SATA cable or is there a way to tell wit the device manager

and i have a VIA (graphics or whatever) chipset if thats necessary

where on the computer (if i was to open it) would i find the SATA cables ??

and what ground wire ??

and for the record i know i have a hitachi drive, but i havent opened it up to see the model number

5. reaper07

reaper07 Guest

anyone help plz....

6. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

to find out if you have sata you need to open your computer. if you do have them since you have a via chipset you should be set.

7. reaper07

reaper07 Guest

and when i open the pc i should see a big red cable right ??

and does evry pc have a sata cable or is it pcs manufactured after a certain date ??

my pc is old, but its good for what i need it for...........(i got in 2003)

8. reaper07

reaper07 Guest

well i found out that my pc doesnt have a sata cable or sata connections on the motherboard

is there a store ..............that DOES NOT involve me goin online, sell pci cards??

9. steimy

steimy Active member

any electronincs store like Best Buy or Curcuit City should have them, just do some research and make sure you get the correct kind you need for flashing. Although you will pay a bit more then if you bought it at an online store.

10. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

i think your best bet is to go find some small computer tech store they should have them, i don't think best buy will have something like that. your cheapest bet is ebay. only like 12-15 bucks. and you need a via 6421L or A does not matter thay both work, with all versions of 360 drives.