1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with a DVD dycrypter file

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by THUNDER66, Dec 8, 2004.

1. THUNDER66

THUNDER66 Member

Ok. i think this is a simple question, but once I rip a DVD using DVD dycrypter and it sets up a folder on my hard drive, how do i then burn that file onto a working DVD?

XP, have Nero, some other programs, and X copy.

The reason being, after i backed up a disk (Mean Girls), i have lent out the original to my niece ( actually i didnt, my wife did when i wasnt home). Now I want to backup my backup and it gets to about 26% (with Nero) and says unable to read disk. Yet the disk plays fine and is complete. So im really impatient, and want to backup the movie from the hard drive file. Suggestions???

help please??

2. THUNDER66

THUNDER66 Member

actually i think i wrote that wrong. I ripped it using SHRINK, and then burned the backup with Nero. But the hard drive folder is still there and with all the files in it.

3. THUNDER66

THUNDER66 Member

where's Scuba Pete when you need him....

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

This is easy Thunder66 you don't need pete for everything.

Open Shrink
    Click on open Files
    Browse to the folder your movie is in hit ok
    Then just use Shrink like you normally would

If that file was created with shrink then the movie is already Re-Authored you can just use Nero to record your movie Check out my guide here on burning DVD with Nero http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/

Later,

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. 222333444

222333444 Member

Depending on the Nero program, you just open up the Nero program and then import the file.

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

There is a little more to it than that 222333444
    You may want to lokk at my guide also :)

[​IMG][​IMG]

7. kchev

kchev Regular member

hey bb,

i think 222333444 means all he has to do is burn the VOB files because they are already on his hard drive

if i am not mistaken, all they need is burnt again

i use nero express for mine
    1.click on DVD-Video files on Express menu
    2.click "add"
    3.go to where movie is on hard drive and you should have an AUDIO_TS folder and a VIDEO_TS folder
    4.click on VIDEO_TS folder and click "add"
    5.click "finished"
    6.click "next"
    7.click "burn"

8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

^^^^^
    Thats what my guide shows... :)

[​IMG][​IMG]

9. THUNDER66

THUNDER66 Member

bbmayo,
    I am now off the "scuba Pete" bandwagon, and loyal to you. Thanks. I checked out your website, and its pretty informative.
    I guess i was trying to get around some time. I mean when you open Shrink, and open the files it rereads the file( about 30 minutes), puts it in another file, and then burns it after (another 30 minutes). I was trying to take a shortcut and skip the reread part. did i lose you? lol
    I did do that whole process and it worked fine. just a little time consuming. I figured once it was in a file folder aleady, it can go right to the burning stage.

phewwwwww, all in one breath.

10. THUNDER66

THUNDER66 Member

bbmayo,
    I am now off the "scuba Pete" bandwagon, and loyal to you. Thanks. I checked out your website, and its pretty informative.
    I guess i was trying to get around some time. I mean when you open Shrink, and open the files it rereads the file( about 30 minutes), puts it in another file, and then burns it after (another 30 minutes). I was trying to take a shortcut and skip the reread part. did i lose you? lol
    I did do that whole process and it worked fine. just a little time consuming. I figured once it was in a file folder aleady, it can go right to the burning stage.

phewwwwww, all in one breath.

11. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Don't get off Pete's Wagon :)

You could have just burned the files in that file with Nero.
    You may have wasted some time :) You could have just used the guide I had for burning your DVD movie using Nero...

I am glad you got it working though..

[​IMG] [​IMG]

WinXP SP2
    AMD Athlon XP 2400+ (2.01GHz)
    1GB DDR 3200
    ATI All In Wonder 9600
    Burners Nec 2500A / Pioneer DVR 105

12. THUNDER66

THUNDER66 Member

I did try to burn it with nero. I put all the files in the video folder, and it burned. took about 35 minutes. thought i had it licked. but when i put it in my sony player, NOTHING. wouldnt even read the disc. So at that point i thought i did something wrong. I actuall followed your guide. just no good results. I think i have it narrowed down to some mysterious error on the copy itself, because i tried three programs, (xcopy, nero, and decrypter) and nothing. all had errors about 80% in. ( and those all came from reading the disc not the file. when i burned from the file BINGO.
    once again thanks a million.
    Im actually lookin at the liteon 16X dual layer to upgrade my new hobby. Any suggestions onn that product?

13. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I have heard nothing but good things about the LiteOn. You should be happy with that :)

img]http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/bc/4acfef08/bc/My+Folder/CD+Spining.gif?bfQg4qBBk_UoOdiP[/img] [​IMG]