1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help With A Soft Mod PS2: How To Install Codebreaker 10.1 Onto FMCB 1.8 Memory Card

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by mgg8281, Mar 9, 2010.

1. mgg8281

mgg8281 Member

Hi! I have a soft modded ps2. I have blocked two of the sensors, the one that is on the flip top and the one that is by the disc on the right facing you. I recently installed fmcb 1.8 onto my ps2 my problem is how do I install codebreaker 10.1 onto my fmcb memory card. Also is there a way to play burned games from the codebreaker installed on the memory card? I have one burned game that I am trying to load. My ps2 is a SCPH 79001, if that helps. Please help I am a noob at this and I hate being it. Thanks!

2. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Codebreaker 10.1 ELF is over 3MB in size, so you need too have lots of space on your memory card

You just use uLe to copy it from a USB drive to your memory card

You can then configure fmcb 1.8 to load it.

Now the CB 10.1 elf needs too be patched before it will work with fmcb 1.8

It is all explained here on how to patch it. The CB 10 patch will work on 10.1

http://psx-scene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57901

Then once you have it patched and copied to memory card

You can then download the CB_Launch.elf file that is in the bottom of that thread under attachments. It also explains what it does.

3. mgg8281

mgg8281 Member

Kay, I managed to get 9.2 Codebreaker to work but for the life of me don't remember how I did it lol, now onto my next question, is there a way to play burned games using the codebreaker off of my memory card? Thank you so much by the way I truly appreciate it you are a god send lol! take care!

4. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Yes if you have the patched codebreaker
    and you have placed the CB_launch.elf file in your BOOT folder on memory card

You start up Codebreaker, set 'disc tray to off' in OPTIONS

Then load up your cheats
    Start game
    Then it should take you back to the fmcb menu
    Then select ESR to play your backup ( make sure your backup has been patched for esr)

5. mgg8281

mgg8281 Member

I am so sorry to be asking this but how do you patch it? Oh and I have a slim silver ps2. Sorry I didn't give that information earlier.

6. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

are you asking about patching ISO images for esr

Then you use the 'esr disc patcher 2.4a'
    There is a short tutorial at the bottom of this thread

http://psx-scene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58441

If you asking about patching codebreaker, its all in the link I posted in above post

Or you can download already patched from "My Folder"
    password: windrider
    You will have to scroll through, but I have CB 9.3, CB 9.2 - various ones, and should be a CB 10 in there.

7. mgg8281

mgg8281 Member

Thanks I managed to get the esr patched code breaker 10.1 onto my memory card but it wont load. All I get is a black screen. Is there any advice you could give me? Any at all would make me eternally grateful! ^_^

8. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Being that your ps2 is a 79001, you can't have a USB drive in the PS2 when you load Codebreaker as its not compatible with PS2's over V14 75001 and up

You don't say that is the problem, I am just guessing here.

9. mgg8281

mgg8281 Member

Sorry about that, no I am not loading codebreaker with a usb device inputted into the system. I hope that helps a little.

10. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Try using the 9.3 or 9.2 Codebreaker(CBv9.2cplusCBCHDL) and see if that makes a difference.

It could just be a bad CB 10 elf perhaps. That has worked for others who got a Black screen.

11. Orcus Bludmayne

Orcus Bludmayne Newbie

so will this work without doing the sensor mod since it goes from the cb back to esr b4 loading the game??? also will this work on both burned and normal ps2 games???

12. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

Almost!!!

Let me explain in a little more detail.

Certain playstation iso's still have to be ppf or ppp patched to usually bypass security lockouts that the game manufacture has placed in the game.

games like resident evil will ask please insert your original disk if you don't patch it

What game are you trying to play???

13. Orcus Bludmayne

Orcus Bludmayne Newbie

i havent tried the cb 10 yet but im having trouble getting burned games to work period i have a fmcb mem card with esr ive tried doing kh1 at 4x i tried dot hack infection and dbz budokai tenkichi3 both at 8x all patched with esr and burned on verbatim dvd-r dot hack starts right away i go thru the intro and enter my user and char name and when the actual game play is supposed to start it freezes dbz and kh both take a little longer to load but do the same thing i set up new game but when actual game play is supposed to start they freeze while loading dbz has goku eating or vegita doing pushups and u tap x to make them do their actions faster but it wont go off that screen it doesnt technically freeze it just gets stuck on the loading screen and if i tap x the corresponding char does their action faster i didnt put fmb or esr on the mem card myself i won it on an auction site and the guy i won it from has been trying to help the best he can but i figured id reach out and see if anyone else had suggestions he is mailing me a flash drive with the stuff to redo fmb and esr on it so i can redo the card to match my ps2 settings.one of my main questions is do i need to do the straw and tissue mod to the lid sensors so the disc constantly spins???? from what ive read thee censor mod is mainly used for swap magic and using an acction replay on buned games bc with the ar u have to quickly switchh discs while its spinning???? and what could be causing the games to launch but not to load the actual game play??? ive read alot about it and watched almost every you tube tutorial and nothing helps so any suggestions would b appreciated and when i get the flash drive and redo the fmcb i was planning on including the cb prolly not 10 but 9.7 or the other one u suggested in your previous post any help anyone could give would b appreciated im pretty good with computers but new to this

Update: i now have the flash drive and a patched copy of cb v10 ive tried reinstalling the guys fmcb files that he included on the flash drive meaning i went to ulaunchelf went to mass then fmcbinstaller.elf formatted the mem card and did a multi version installand still have the same issue so i found fmcb 1.94 bc what he provided is 1.8 but there arent really any tutorials for fmcb 1.94??? and i found a patched copy of cb v10 but most of what ive found says cb v10 wont work on a slim model which is what i have and the tutorials arent really that great or r confusing what id like to be able to do is use the cb on both backed up and origonal games but im really not sure on any of this so any help anyone could offer would b much appreciated at this point im getting frustrated and confused and idk if this will help but t he guy told me to only try to launch back up games with the card in slot 1 but to reformat and redo fmcb he had me putting it in slot 2 plus the apps like esr hddloader sms and boot.elf r not in any folder the r just loose in the install folder where as in the fmcb 1.94 dL i found they r in the boot folder he has the apps folder completely empty he has the .irx files in a folder called modules he has a folder called inject that is empty and the fcmb_cfg.elf file in a folder called fcmb_cfg which is completely different from the fcmb1.94 i gfot online so im not sure if he has things in the wrong folders or not in folders when they should be or if theres files missing or what???
    ok heres is how he has the fmcb he sent me setup as in folders and files in those folders everything is exactly as it appears in what i was provided
    ROOT DIR:
    INSTALL (folder)
    FREE_MCBOOT.ELF (.elf file)
    Inside the install folder:
    APPS (folder) / empty
    FMCB_CFG (folder) / changelog (text doc)- FMCB_CFG.ELF (.elf file)- readme (txt doc)
    INJECT (folder) / readme (text doc)
    MODULES (folder) / readme (text doc) - USBD.IRX (.irx file) - USBHDFSD.IRX (.irx file)
    BOOT.ELF (.elf file)
    ESR.ELF (.elf file)
    HDLOADER.ELF (.elf file)
    SMS.ELF (.elf file)
    and here is what appears in the fcmb 1.94 i found myself
    in the root dir:
    install (folder)
    Installer documentation (folder)
    lang (folder) / licenses (folder) note: im not gonna include the contents of this folder bc these features r unique to this version of fmcb - Translation notes (text doc)
    and four text documents -Changlog, Changelog-installer,README,and README-installer
    inside install folder :
    APPS (folder) / FMCBapps.icn (.icn file) - icon.sys (system file)
    BOOT (folder) / BOOT,ESR,ESRGUI,OPL,SMS (.ELF FILES) - BOOT.ICN (icn file) - icon.sys (system file)
    SYS-CONF (folder) / FMCB_CFG.ELF (.elf file) - FREEHDB.CNF (.cnf file) - FREEMCB.CNF (.cnf file) - icon.sys (system file) - sysconf.icn (.icn file) - USBD.IRX (.irx file) - USBHDFSD.IRX (.irx file)
    SYSTEM (folder) / ATAD.IRX - FHDB.XLF - FMCB.icn - FMCB.XLF - HDDLOAD.IRX - icon.sys - MBR.XLF - OSD110.XLF - OSDSYS.XLF - XFMCB.XLF
    and yes i am aware that the version i was provided is 1.8 and the version i dL'ed is 1.94 but alot of the main files r the same i was just demonstrating how he has them in different places in within the root dir i hope this is helpful in figuring out/resolving the issues i seem to be having again any help or suggestions of any kind will b greatly appreciated my model is a scph-7700 (and the guy i got the system from peeled the sticker off so i cant see the rest) thin model so plz someone anyone help

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  14. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Codebreaker will work on a slim as long as its installed on memory card. It won't work with launched from a USB on V14 75001 and up

I have always had my sensors blocked so not really sure it will work or not for you. I believe it does if you use CB_launch elf as I explained above in Posts #2 and #4