1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with AID 4 installation

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by marcu01, Jun 9, 2007.

1. marcu01

marcu01 Member

Can anyone tell me how to install auto-installer deluxe v4 to my mod xbox? Do I just ftp the whole apps files to my xbox or copy to DVD and install? I spend 2 days downloading it already and hate to let it just sit in my pc. Thanks

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

3. marcu01

marcu01 Member

thanks chunkhead!
    i look through the threads again. when I read it the last time, the threads said something about using slayer or burning the ISo slayer and not AID 4 specifically, that is why.

4. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Slayer was the original modders disc. It's more aimed at Hardmodded Xboxs then Softmodders. Slayer will help you rebuild your drive if there is a failure as it will boot even without a functioning dashboard! I used it a few years back. I have the latest v2.7, but I have yet to find a use for it!

AID v4.0 on the other hand is great. It allow effortless installs of dashes, apps and emulators. It also allows basic tinkering and Softmodding. This disc takes all the hard FTP and coding work out of tasks such as installing/uninstalling a dashes and/or apps. It's basically a click-to-install affair, AID does the rest! Great stuff!

5. steimy

steimy Active member

the best way to learn how to use AID 4.0 is by reading the PDF file that it should have come with. That will give you a step by step guide on softmodding.
    Persoanally i used the SID (not Ndure version) to do the softmod, then AID to install all the dashboards and software. I think these days AID also has SID on the disc. The Ndure version is on but i personally hate the boot mode it had. The SID i used with a dual boot mode (power button for hacked dash and eject button for the MS Dash) worked the way i needed it to.

6. ipits

ipits Member

its sad cuz i cant burn sh** with my computer. would it be possible to ftp the files? or am i screwed...lol

7. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Just buy a burner, they are almost giving them away, they are so cheap at the moment!

8. ipits

ipits Member

any ideas on a good external burner cuz my computer doesnt have the room for a internal one