1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help With AVI problem

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Lena_Lena, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Lena_Lena

Lena_Lena Member

I hope i'm in the right place, If i'm not "sorry"
    The thing is I have never had a problem with avi files before, but all of a sudden for no reason when I try to play one I have audio but no picture?
    I ran Gspot but I have no idea what any of this means, Is there anyone who could explain this to me simply as I am well confused by it all, Thanks
    This is what Gspot came up with:

[src]-->>--[A]-->[avi splitter]>---->[ffdshow MPEG-4 Video Decoder ]>--[C]-->[Video Renderer]
    Failed to connect Output pin 0x0096a6ec ["Stream 00"] on AVI Splitter to input pin 0x0a1fdd4c ["In"] on filter 0x022e567b ["ffdshow MPEG-4 Video Decoder"].ConnectDirect[] failed. Error: 0x80040207: [unknown]
    [src]-->>--[A]-->[avi splitter]>---->[XviD MPEG-4 Video Decoder ]>--[C]-->[Video Remderer]
    Failed to connect Output pin 0x0096a04c ["Stream 00"] on AVI Splitter to input pin 0x0096d74c ["XFormIn"] on filter 0x022ecd76 ["XviD MPEG-4 Video Decoder"].ConnectDirect[] failed. Error: 0x80040207: [unknown]
    [src]-->>--[A]-->[avi splitter]>---->[DivX Decoder Filter ]>--[C]-->[Video Remderer]
    Video Render OK. Use 3 to Play.
    [src]-->>--[A]-->[avi splitter]>---->[3ivx D4 Video Decoder ]>--[C]-->[Video Remderer]
    Failed to connect Output pin 0x0096952c ["Stream 00"] on AVI Splitter to input pin 0x0094390c ["Input"] on filter 0x0232fc49 ["3ivx D4 Video Decoder"].ConnectDirect[] failed. Error: 0x80040207: [unknown]
    [src]-->>--[A]-->[avi splitter]>---->[ffdshow raw Video filter ]>--[C]-->[Video Renderer]
    Failed to connect Output pin 0x0093c14c ["Stream 00"] on AVI Splitter to input pin 0x0d0f3e84 ["In"] on filter 0x025c598c ["ffdshow raw Video filter"].ConnectDirect[] failed. Error: 0x80040207: [unknown]

2. whassup

whassup Regular member

GSpot should automatically download the codecs you need. Did you enable it through your Firewall?

3. Lena_Lena

Lena_Lena Member

Well I thought I sorted it all out, I ran the codec detective and all seemed good, But I still only get a black screen with the audio. GSpot keeps saying that all the codecs are there but gives an error message something like:
    Failed to connect Output pin 0x0092f84c["Src Media"]... then the file name
    Failed to connect Output pin 0x00912abc["Src Media"]... then the file name

I can't even play avi's on the VLC Player which I had been told would pretty much play anything.
    The only time I actually see the image and audio as it should be is when I ran virtual Dub.
    These files played fine a week or so ago so I know that they worked ok before. I have to burn an AVI but because of this it just seems to burn the audio with the black screen. This is really weird.

4. whassup

whassup Regular member

Sounds like something got corrupted. Seems the codecs are fine since you can run the video through Virtualdub.

Perhaps installing/reinstalling the codecs and programs you're using? If you don't want to do that, I find GOM Player works well playing video that other programs cannot play.

5. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Vdub = VfW, players = directshow. Just because one works, doesn't really tell you anything about the other.

Try re-registering quartz.dll. This will restore the avi splitter that comes with windows. Hopefully then the avi splitter will connect fine to the decoder then.

6. Lena_Lena

Lena_Lena Member

Thanks for the replies, I tried the GOM Player but that didn't work, I tried re-registering quartz.dll and that didn't work,
    I had a search around to see if I could find a solution and I did come across this: http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mencoder-users/2005-February/000299.html
    This may be total rubbish I don't know but I came across it when I searched for the error that GSpot gave me.
    Would you be able to check it out for me as I have no idea whether this could put me on the right track, Thanks

7. Lena_Lena

Lena_Lena Member

I have managed to get the avi files working by changing the Hardware Acceleration, I disabled all direct draw & direct 3D etc, at last I seem to be getting somewhere!
    Thanks for the help XXX