1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with back up. i tried everything i can think of

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by codeblue, Sep 9, 2004.

1. codeblue

codeblue Member

hi i have a v2 ps2 and a v7 ps2, both using swap magic, i usally rip my games with dvd decrytor and burn with it too or use alcohol 120%. so far my sucess rate is about 95%. i was able to back up and play most of my ps2 games so far on both v2 and v7 ps2 except 2 games. star ocean 3 and full metal alchemist dream carnival. i switched my media to verbatim dvd-r that writes up to 8x but i burn at 1x. i tried using dvd loader and playing around with the options. no good. when i use swap magic i get the blue border and it hangs at a black screen i dont know what is going on! i tried memorex, fuji, and verbatim. i see on other message board that other people are having the same problem. www.swapmagicfix.com has nothing about these games. can someone please help me??

2. grimtaz

grimtaz Member

Did you change your media before the first attempt at burning those games? I've seen this problem before. Does your DVD burner only support 1x write? Or does it support 2.4x or 4x? If you have a burner that supports more than 1x write and you only get 1x with the disks you are using then the disks aren't compatible with the burner. You will need to try a different media. Have you tried Princo disks?

3. codeblue

codeblue Member

i have a burner that suppose up to 4x media. i tried fuji film first and now im trying verbatim. its a liteon dvd burner. the weird thing is that i burnt many ps2 backs up before? anyway not to let it hang at the black screen anymore? oh yeah it burns at 1x 2x and 4 x. when i put the fuji film dvd-r in it will only burn at 1x, i been doing that for all my other games and they work except star ocean and fma when i put verbatim in it says 1 x too

Last edited: Sep 9, 2004
  4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

many people have had trouble with star ocean, i haven't read of anyone getting it to work with swap magic.

5. codebluez

codebluez Guest

it went to an irc channel and i have found people who have gotten both star ocean and full metal alchemist to work on their ps2 using only swap magic. and on this forum i see theo ther people have the same problem with other games. i jsut burnt it again and it didnt work still same error please someone help me? i really dont think its the media too i tried fuji and verbatim. someone help!!!! please!

6. linnx

linnx Member

Star Ocean works fine for me with swap magic 3.2 (i have a v10 ps2)

7. codebluez

codebluez Guest

how did you burn it??

8. codeblue

codeblue Member

how did you burn it and what method did you use to swap it?

9. theinner6

theinner6 Member

Linnx, it shouldn't matter what version your PS2 is if you're using the DVD boot and V7ALL DVDLoader. The Swap Magic DVD is version 2.0 for Swap Magic 3.0 Bundle and 3.2 Bundle. Only the CD Boot matters with different PS2 versions. Personally, I use DiscJuggler v4 to make 1:1 copies and burn images. It basically burns everything out there. And if you DO get an .mds or another image, simply use this DOS prompt.Go to folder where image is located and type following:

copy /b (image.xxx) (newimage.iso)

and load the new image into DiscJuggler. I have about 70 games and NOT ONE has been unplayable, whether I copied it 1:1 or downloaded the image. except for T3 which is giving EVERYONE problems. Always burn at 2.4 and you're set. If you need DiscJuggler v4, PM me.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2004
  10. codeblue

codeblue Member

so you suggest that i burn at 2.4x?? why would i have problems jsut with star ocean and fma, i burnt every other game i have at 1x jsut these 2 games give me the problem

11. theinner6

theinner6 Member

I always burn at the slowest speed I can, which is 2.4. Try using the DVDLoader 5.2 beta or the DVDLoader V7ALL. I don't know, I haven't finished DLing Star Ocean 3 yet. I'll be sure to post what to do if I find one and if no one has found out until then.

12. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Well, i just got my copy of star ocean and it works fine with just swap magic.

13. codeblue

codeblue Member

i can burn at 1x 2x or 4x what should i do? i already burnt at 1x already on verbatim

14. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

do you by any chance have a pal ps2?

15. codeblue

codeblue Member

no i have a ntsc a us ps2

16. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

well, i don't know what to tell you, i played my copy for 6 hours last night on my v9 ps2.

17. codeblue

codeblue Member

how did you rip it and burn it?

18. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

dvd decrypter to rip and burn. ritek g04 dvd-r burnt at 2x.

19. antiklaus

antiklaus Member

i tried using that program and it still didn't work - it'll load the game, and play up to where the combat sequence is, and from there - nothing.

It does the same on every copy i tried, using 3 different methods and media.

20. antiklaus

antiklaus Member

You are NOT gonna believe how I got this to work!

Imation DVD+RW and DVD decryptor at 2.4X!!!!

Combat loads like a charm!

The reset of the game so far too!!!