1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with backing up and playing back on dvd player.

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by tntclan, Mar 29, 2005.

1. tntclan

tntclan Member

I need some help with backing up some of my dragon ball z videos that i have on my computer. they are picking up to much space, and I want to back them up so that I will be able to play them back on my dvd player. This is the format they are in:
    http://img178.exs.cx/img178/9792/video7jm.jpg
    I tried to back them up with nero and ulead dvd factory, but the problem is that it converts it to dvd quality, and only 3 episodes fit on one disk. It's over 200 episodes, so I wanted to know if anyone knows a way in which I could get them onto dvd, but with more episodes. I don't care about the quality, it doesn't have to be dvd quality. I tried svcd on nero, but even if I put in a dvd disk, it only allows up to 700 MBs. Each episode on my computer is around 200mb, so i was assuming that it would be the same when i put it on dvd, but it jumped to 1.3 GB. Like I said, I do not care about the quality, so if anyone could help me, I would greatly appreciate it. Oh yeah, and another thing, one dvd with three episodes took 2.5 hours to burn on nero and ulead. what's up with that??
    That's like a full time job where you work overtime, not worth it just to back up something.

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Tmpgenc with the KDVD half D1 template.
    Between 12 and 16 hours per DVDR.

3. tntclan

tntclan Member

Yes ehhh....does anyone know what this mean? It might as well be written in an ancient lost language. If anyone can explain this in english for me, I will be happy. I am a complete noobie at this stuff. This guy is a god damn genius, what the hell is a KDVD half D1 template?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2005
  4. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Heh, sorry mate.
    KDVD is a slightly non-standard type of thing, that allows tmpgenc encoder to output high quality videos in a small file size, that will fit multiple episodes on one dvdr.
    You need:
    Tmpgenc from www.pegasys.com Version 2.5x plus is best.
    KDVD template for DVD from http://kvcd.net/dvd-models.html The HALF D1 template allows much more video on one dvdr, but at a lower quality than the FULL D1.
    Right click on the one you want, and save it into the ../tmpgenc/templates folder.
    Open tmpgenc, cancel the wizard. Select LOAD, find the KDVD template you just installed. Click OK.
    Beside Video source, click Browse, find your first episode.
    Click Start.
    Do the same for each episode, then author in something like DVDLab.