1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP WITH BACKING UP PS2 GAMES. big problems.

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by stemil, Apr 7, 2005.

1. stemil

stemil Member

I have a dms4pro mod chip and a v10 ps2. I have been rebuilding ps2 iso's in order to burn them but is lengthy and does not work half of the time. Which kind of dvd is best -r/+r and which brand is best. Since I have a mod chip I heard you don't have to rebuild or patch if so how do I do that. Someone please help I have been having many problems especially with ea games and some games like midnight club 2 witch has a file that is more than 2 gigs. Please help.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

with the DMS4 Pro chip you will not need to rebuild or patch the game from what i understand. Not sure why you have a problem with games over 2gb's

And if you don't have it already, go get the ToxixOS V0.2 or the new one v0.3 and flash your chip. That way it will load back ups just like originals with no swapping and also load both PAL & NTSC games just fine. The new V0.3 can even play DVD9 back ups and has hard drive support.

3. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I think for a V10 PS2 you can use either -R or +R. As far as brands go, I use Ritek G04, many others use Taiyo Yuden. Try to keep the burn speed as low as possible too.

4. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Verbatim is excellent too.
    And easy to buy locally :)
    Burn your backups at 2X(Max).