1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with bad hard drive!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by dabommbj, Apr 7, 2005.

1. dabommbj

dabommbj Member

Hi guys. I have an xbox that the hard drive went bad. I've been doing some reading around in the forums and still no luck on how to fix it. I have a working hard drive from another xbox and would like to use it if possible. From what i've been reading, i think you can use a pc hard drive but i need to know the password to the old one to lock the new one. Any help would be great.

2. mdsup

mdsup Guest

you can use pretty much any hd...if you are using a modchip there is no need to lock the hd, unless you use xbox live...if you use a hd from a different xbox it must be unlocked, and then you must lock it after you install it.

3. dabommbj

dabommbj Member

Hey mdsup i want to use a hard drive from another xbox since thats all i got right now. So all i have to do is install a modchip and unluck the hard drive, and i wont be using live so i wont have to lock it again right? Now if i install a chip is there any way that i can get the password from the eeprom on the board?

4. mdsup

mdsup Guest

i don't know too much about eeprom stuff(never bothered to learn it) but if you want to use a hd from a diff xbox, you must unlock it first...once it is unlocked you can easily install it into the xbox...you need a modded xbox of sometype to unlock the hd and lock it again if you wish...if you want to talk to an expert that knows eeprom stuff go to www.xbox-scene.com and see if you can get a hold of Zodiiak(i think that is his name).

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2005
  5. dabommbj

dabommbj Member

Ok guys i got my spider chip and i installed it with no problem. I flashed it with evox m8 bios. But now i get error #16 when i boot it up. any suggestions. I was thinking that now that i have the hard drive unlocked if i can fix it with xhdm?