1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with battery in PSP slim.

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by SXenocide, Nov 7, 2007.

1. SXenocide

SXenocide Member

Ok, so I needed a replacement battery for my psp slim, so I bought one of those 2200 ma batteries. It was an official sony battery etc etc. So anyway, I put it in my PSP but it would not power on. So I plugged in the ac cord and checked the battery under system settings, but it shows as if there were no battery in there. So I reseated the battery a few times, made sure it was in etc. I ended up replacing the battery, with a 1800 one. This one does not power up either, but it will charge.

If I have my PSP on with the AC cord in, and the battery, it shows the charge level and stuff, but the psp auto shuts off after like 5 minutes when then battery is in. So I tried fully charging it with the external battery charger, and it still wont power on. If I power on with the AC cord then take it out, it stays on for 0-2 seconds then shuts off.

Can anyone help me out here?

2. BTFan

BTFan Regular member

Well how did you turn on the PSP and said it said liek if the battery wasn't there...if you open the PSP then the battery works. Try leaving it charged for an hour or more.