1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Bit Torrents (Slow Connection w/o router)

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by OriginalG, Sep 7, 2004.

1. OriginalG

OriginalG Guest

I just started using bit torrents and am only getting 20-30kb/sec. I have a 3mb cable connection and other people with my connection are getting around 100-150kb/sec. I don't use a router. Can anybody help? A 2.5GB file is taking over 25 hours!

2. psx245

psx245 Regular member

well... do u maybe have a regular firewall install in your comp maybe open that...

3. OriginalG

OriginalG Guest

I have Zone Alarm and the XP SP2 firewall. Should I keep them on?

4. OriginalG

OriginalG Guest

Can anybody help a n00b out? ^___^ Do I have to open my ports?

5. neewbie

neewbie Regular member

disable your firewall and any thing that uses the internet to run, it will slow your speed. For a router the ports are 6881-6889. you dont have to if u dont have a router. What client are you running?

6. OriginalG

OriginalG Guest

Ok I shut off ZA and SP2 firewall. I have tried many clients but right now I'm using Azureus (sp?) and I'm getting the torrents from suprnova.org I was up to around 40-50kb/sec but my 1.8GB was still taking 8+ hours. I don't have a router and all my firewalls are off. Am I missing something?

7. neewbie

neewbie Regular member

what speed is ur upload, how many seeders and leechers r there in your torrent?