1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with black screen on my PS2 following crytal chip mod

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by CAINED, May 5, 2007.

1. CAINED

CAINED Member

If anyone can provide direction please do. The console is a PS2 V15b Here is what I have done so far:

1) Installed Crystal Chip 2.0, performed basic continuity checks.
    2) reassembled system, bios disc got red screen, PS2 games booted.
    3) Realized chip has self test, unassembled system,self test failed.
    4) Found wire T in wrong location and correcetd this.
    5) Chip self test passed, reassembled system.

Now nothing boots. Screen is black. Power/reset LED goes from red to green and stays green as it should. Disk drive runs fine. Advice fron anyone with CC experience would be greatly appreciated. I am a little stumped at this point.

2. ps2modgod

ps2modgod Guest

It sounds like you have a bridge some place or maybe a short or maybe even a misplaced wire. Go over your install very well and use your meter to rule out shorts, bridges and to confirm that all your wires are correct. A magnifying glass might aid you as well.

If this all fails check your fuses. If none are blown remove your install altogether and see if you can get the console back to a working state.

Good luck, take your time, and HAVE FUN!

3. CAINED

CAINED Member

Do you have any idea where I can find a diagram of my board showing the fuses?

4. ps2modgod

ps2modgod Guest

CAINED

I forgot to also mention one other thing you can try. Some times with the V15's you need to boot the console into recovery mode in order to even boot the upgrade disc. To enter recovery mode tap reset 3 time from standby with about a 1 second delay between each tap. Have the upgrade disc in your console and if everything goes right the upgrade disc will boot allowing you to flash the firmware and install BM.

To locate the fuse on your mobo look for the SMD's labeled PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 all the way up to PS15 or 16 depending on your version.

Good luck!

5. CAINED

CAINED Member

Last question. Does standby mode mean off. Basically hit the power/reset button fromthe off state 3 times with 1 second interval in between?

6. ps2modgod

ps2modgod Guest

When your PS2/PSTwo is in standby the reset switch LED will be red.