1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with burning a 360 game

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by E_Pizza, Mar 28, 2007.

1. E_Pizza

E_Pizza Regular member

okay i've scouring the forums here cause i hate having to post new threads all the time but i'm just readin too many mixed responses. I've gotten some great help though but i just wanna make sure 100%.

I have a hitachi 078fk drive which i flashed using slax to get into modeB and the firmware toolbox to backup firmware and flash.

As i understand this has basically put Maximus - Garyopa Xtreme v.2.3 Stealth Patched firmware on my drive.

Now for simplicity and saving money hopefully lol, I'm just going to use pal games that i have dl'ed for which i own the original to test.

I have a phillips dvd+-rw dvd8701 writer http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/storage/P90576/en/specs.htm

I dont know if it auto sets the booktype would someone mind explaining how i set it if they know it doesnt cause i cant seem to find out if it does. I'd like to use imgburn and XBC 2.4 .

Now if the game image is already stealth patched i know i can just burn as long as the booktype is set right correct?

I've got myself Verbatium DVD+R DL here but just 5, im just trying to make sure i dont make any coasters lol im rather tight fisted.

But would someone mind just going through how i would go about patching the image with stealth assuming i need too as i have been told i do and how to change the booktype as philips isnt listed in imgburn. Or if someone has any links to help me that sure would be great

Thank you for anyone's help on this thread. I apologise too i am new to this just need to get my head round it long gone are the days of simple ps2 dvd-r burns :p

**EDIT** I've just googled around and found that this burner packed with my friends dell dimension is basically a Benq 1640 burner with a different faceplate. I have also found that i can crossflash it to convert it to a Benq 1640. So lets assume that i have that writer instead lol ill do that tonight thanks!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2007
  2. theridges

theridges Guest

that burner should work...i use clonecd to burn my 360 games but it also works with imgburn just make sure you have your layerbreak set and bitsetting on...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2007
  3. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member