1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with burning a copied PS2 game...

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by logsteele, Jan 25, 2005.

1. logsteele

logsteele Member

Hi, I have a (don't laugh) Khypermedia dvd burner, have all the normal dvd shrink, dvd decrypter, nero version 5.5. I have been burning dvds, had no problems. But just recently I tried to copy a copied PS2 game, and it turned out like crap. The audio skips and takes about 3 minutes just to load up. I used DVD Decrypter version 3.5.2.0. When I put in the original copy, (if that makes sense), it works fine. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

you didn't mention what dvd media you burned it on

3. logsteele

logsteele Member

Sorry...I am using Memorex DVD+R. I am thinking the media might be a problem, but not sure. I have some Verbatim DVD's on the way, but until then I'm trying to weed out other problems that could be affecting it. Thanks

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Ok, how fast did you burn?

5. logsteele

logsteele Member

I burned it at 1x.

6. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I know Khypermedia media is complete GARBAGE, hopefully their burners aren't the same. Maybe try -R discs instead of +R?

7. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Hah, actually i went over to TigerDirect to pick up another spindle of HP 4x dvd+r's and they apparently don't carry the 4x's anymore, so i just grabbed a small pack of the cheapest ones there for now, until i decide what good brand to switch to.
    The cheapest there were the hypermedia 4x dvd+r's. So far, i've tried a few movies and a few ps2 games with them and everyone works perfectly.
    Don't plan on getting them again, but hey, they worked.

8. squizzle

squizzle Active member

You know, I might be the only person on this planet who has problems with these. I got 20 for Christmas a couple of years ago, 20 coasters. My burner wouldn't even let go of them and they locked up my computer. I'd have to shut down through task manager and stick something in the hole to get the disc out. I'll never use them again, but other people I know say they're ok.

9. logsteele

logsteele Member

Here's the problem...My dvd burner only supports DVD+R, so I'm stuck only using +R media. WHile we're on the subject, what media does everyone prefer? I have ordered some verbatim disks, but I was reading around and saw that Ritek, Taiyo Yuden and Prodisc seem to be favs. Anyone agree or disagree? Maybe if I get some real good media that'll fix the problem?