1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with burning a downloaded movie

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by ewing, Mar 18, 2005.

1. ewing

ewing Guest

I am new here and know a few things about computers but nothing about burning.I have downloaded a few movies and can watch them on my pc of course but want to burn to disc so the family can watch them on tv from our cd player.At this point Im sure you have heard this alot but your site is so overwelming that I dont even know which tutorial to look for.Would it be possible for someone to just tell me which programs I need to install and in what order to use them---someone told me I could just load movie in DIVX TO DVD and it would do it all---would that work and give good quality? TIA for your time

2. zabijecie

zabijecie Member

---WITHOUT MENUS JUST PUT IN AND PLAY---
    ok u need to get divxtodvd from this site, and open the file so u can convert it, widescreen tv=16:9 regular tv=4:3, ok once u converted it, get nero and burn the video_ts files, if im not mistaken someone here might tell you of a free burning program to burn onto dvd/cd without nero, i only know of nero.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2005
  3. cjdj

cjdj Regular member

Firstly, i use Divx to DVD convertor. In the source file box you choose the movie which needs converting. In the next box the destination folder i use this C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\DivXToDvd. This is so it goes into a folder called divx in the my documents folder. Then i always use 4:3 aspect ratio because i always watch them on a normal tv. I use force pal 25 fps in the standard box. I then click convert and let it do wot its doing. When its done it will say conversion complete. Then click ok. Then it will open up the folder where it has been saved to. Usually at this point i drag this folder onto my desktop so iknow where it is. The only program i use is Nero so i'll explain how to burn using this. I've never used anmything else to burn as this is brill and wel worth the money.
    Right with nero you open nero up. Then you're presented with a menu depending on which version of nero you're using. I have to click on which type of cd it is i'm wanting to burn. In this case its a dvd so click the dvd tab. Wotever version you use look for the option of "burn dvd video files". You are then presented with a screen that says "audio_ts and video_ts" double click "video_ts" now click on add. Now find the folder that contains wot you converted before. If you did wot i sed it should be on your desktop. Click on that folder and open it all up until you reach all the vob files etc. Right click on one of these you should see the option of "select all" clik that and all the files will be added into the nero "video_ts" folder then click on next then select the drive of your burner. Then select the speed you want to burn at which is usually the speed that is written on the blank dvd disc your going to use to burn it onto. Hope this will help. If you need any more info then please send me a pm. bye

Last edited: Sep 22, 2005