1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Burning, am I doing something wrong?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by zimzimmer, Aug 31, 2004.

1. zimzimmer

zimzimmer Member

Hi,

I've tried backing up my James Bond : Everything Or Nothing & also MOH : Rising Sun... Well after some helpful tips on here I went out aand got some RITEK DVD-R's as people say they are the best media to use. So I tried backing up my JB:EON game and exactly the same thing happens!!

It loads up to where you select your language, so I choose English then the screen goes black..... but stays Black!!!

I've also just tried MOH:Rising Sun but this does not work either.

Is there something I'm doing wrong as with regards to ripping the image from the DVD/game or burning it back to the disc??? I've followed the tutorials to a tee for both ALCOHOL 120% and also DVD DECRYPTER but still no joy.

My set up is as follows :

PHILIPS DVDRW428 (writes both +/- discs)
    RIVISION GO4 DVD-R's
    ALCOHOL 120% / DVD DECRYPTOR
    ---------------
    V6 PS2 with FLIP LID
    SWAP MAGIC DVD v2.0

Please could someone help me... I'm going mad here (plus losing a few DVD's along the way!!).

Or just if anyone has successfully managed to back-up these games so that I know its not just the game that won't copy?

Thank you

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

Last edited: Sep 1, 2004
  3. davedumb

davedumb Guest

i have burned quite a few games with nero - just go to copy disc in the backup section. If you have an unscratched disc that is.

4. davedumb

davedumb Guest

devilhunt - could you explain the concept of patching ps2 games. I haven't got a clue.

5. zimzimmer

zimzimmer Member

Yay!! The CDLoader works!!

It took a while though, my PS2 wouldn't recognise the discs for a while, any idea why that might be? Maybe the laser needs a clean... how can I do that???

I'm going to try the CDLoader for Mafia too now and any other game that don't work!!

Thanks peepz