1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with burning DL dvd with Alcohol 120%

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by samfree, Apr 19, 2007.

1. samfree

samfree Guest

Hi i am burning a dl dvd with alcohol
    I make an image of the disc then burn a disc
    It says it has buned ok but when i check there is nothing on the disc.

It says avaliable bytes 0 used bytes )/

these are becomign very expensive coasters

can someone help please

Thanks

sam

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

With DL disks, it is very important to make sure your firmware is up to date and that you are using good quality media like the Verbatim +RDL. If you're backing up a DL video DVD, just use DVD Decrypter in ISO Read mode to rip the DVD to your HDD and then in ISO Write mode to burn the ripped image to a disk.

3. unolord

unolord Regular member

I only use IMGBurn to burn DLs. And I only use Verbatim DLs. Tried Ridata and Fuji and they burned successfully 65-70% of the time. Verbatims have been 100%.

U can use IMGBurn to build ISO images too.

What brand of DL r u using? + or -? What speed r u burning at? Is your burner's firmware up to date?

4. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

Me too i would advise using Imgburn to burn dl layer disc,it handles dl layer burnings very well and you can even booktype your dvd+r dl discs to dvd-rom to make them more compatible with your players.I had a friend who wasted 3 dual layer disc using nero to burn them and after i advised him using Imgburn(freeware),it works out very well for him and no more coasters.

Vincent.