1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Burning DVD on Pioneer DVR-A05U

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by arends, Mar 18, 2003.

1. arends

arends Guest

I just bought and installed a DVR-A05U but is doesn't read or write dvd movies. It only works in the CD mode. Can someone help me out?

2. HomerJ

HomerJ Moderator Staff Member

A little more information might help.

What software are you using to read the discs ?

HomerJ

3. arends

arends Guest

Thank you for your prompt reply. I am using the software that came with the drive:
    -Easy Cd Creator BASIC
    -My DVD
    -ArcSoft SHowbiz(authoring and burning tool)
    -Pinnacle Instant Write

It is installed using the existing Ultra IDE cable from the compaq computer as a secondary master drive. I have the HD installed as the primary master drive with a cd-rom drive attached as slave.
    Like I stated before at the moment the drive only works in the read mode. It does read a cdrom and a dvd-rom disk, but it doesn't burn cd or dvd and nor does it play a dvd movie.

4. HomerJ

Ok,

When you go into Windows device manager does the drive show up as an A05U ?

Does it show at all ?

I,m not familiar with Easy CD Creator, (I use Nero).

Does CD creator give you the opportunity to define the type of burning ? i.e. CD / DVD.

One more point, I note you have the "BASIC" version. Does this suport DVD (I know it came supplied with your drive, but sometimes you need to upgrade it to get the latest version.

Try a few of those things, and report back.

HomerJ

5. malum

malum Regular member

I'd be tempted to ditch it anyway and get Prassi or Record Now Max.
    Easy CD is bloody awful.

6. riteaider

riteaider Guest

I am using same DVD drive using default burner that came with program. It asks for movie, prepares disk 1 of 2, and then after 30 to 40 minutes gives me an error msg. "disc not compatable with DVD X Copy". It will not prepare disk 2 nor take me to a dialog box where I can burn a new coaster. What's wrong with this picture?

7. riteaider

riteaider Guest

Forgot to mention: XP Pro OS and have latest version of Nero which burns CD backups to Pioneer with no problem.

8. HomerJ

What are you calling the "latest version".

Latest version I am aware of is 5.5.10.14

HomerJ

9. riteaider

riteaider Guest

Latest version is 5.5.10.15

10. HomerJ

Ah well there you go you see, Nero has had so many "upgrades" in the past 12 months, it's hard to keep up.

They worrying thing is, the vast majority seem to be DVD burning issues as well.

HomerJ

11. mnmeater

mnmeater Member

that's the error I get when dvdxcopy is done splitting the movie and trys to automatically write the first disc, using the same drive the movie is in. I then remove the movie disc and insert a blank one, minimize dvdxcopy, and use nero to burn the disc (I also do some special editing before burning), when it finishes burning I maximize dvdxcopy and select skip this disc and it starts assembling disc 2.