1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with burning mp3's

Discussion in 'Audio' started by intense1x, Dec 1, 2004.

1. intense1x

intense1x Guest

I need help burning multiple mp3's on a cd-r. I've copied mp3's before but only about 17-20 songs, do to the fact that i can only fit 80 min. on the cd. I wan't to copy more songs than that, based on the size(700mb). This should allow me to fit well over 100 songs on the cd right? I mostly want to play these cd's on my mp3 car stereo. I checked the Stereo manual and it says the disk must be in the ISO 9660 if that helps. I don't know much about this kind of stuff, someone please help me out, id appreciate it, thanks

2. Slash8789

Slash8789 Guest

Intense1x,

There are many programs out there to rip and burn mp3's. If your were able to copy 17-20 songs why aren't you able to do more? What method did you use? A CD-R holds 80 minutes or 700mb as you said. Anyways, a simple way to do it is if you have WindowsXP. Just select the MP3's you want but make sure they don't exceed the 700mb limit of the disk. The little "details" section of the folder where your MPs's are will tell you this. After they have all been selected just right click and click on "send to" and choose your burner drive. Then click on the balloon that appears in the tray section of your desktop taskbar and it will take you to a window where you can choose to make a data cd or audio cd. Choose make a data cd and thats it. It should start burning. I've always done it this way and have never had a problem. Hope it helps.

3. intense1x

intense1x Guest

I did everything, I highlighted the mp3 files, and i made sure i didn't exceed the 700mb limit, but when i right clicked on "send to" my options included; "compresed folder, mail recipient, my documents and floppy(A:), but not burner drive, is there something im missing? Oh and to answer your question, i was able to copy 20 songs max on windows media player, please help, thanks.

4. Slash8789

Slash8789 Guest

Hmm... That is strange. did you install your burner after you bought the computer? Maybe a shell extension was installed. Try this: Go to my computer and and right click on your burner icon. Then create a shortcut on your desktop. Open the folder where your mp3's are and select them as you did before. Now you can drag and drop them to the burner icon on your desktop and then double click on the burner icon and when the window opens click "write these files to cd" or you can right click on the selected mp3 files and click copy and then double click on your nurner iconand when the window opens right click inside the window and then click paste. The "write these files to cd" option should be displayed on the upper left hand corner of your window. Hope this helps.

5. intense1x

intense1x Guest

I Created a shortcut to my burner, i moved the files there but it said "it wasn't accessible," so i right clicked on it and formated the disk, i then moved the files there, it said "copy files to audio cd" on the upper left hand, so i clicked on it, but that sent me to the stupid windows media player, which only let's me copy some of the files, and the rest say "will not fit." Oh and yes I installed the burner after i bought the computer, could this have anything to do with it?

6. Slash8789

Slash8789 Guest

In the little "cd writing tasks" box there should be an option that says "write these files to cd". You should click on that one instead because the other option opens up media player. I believe the reason is because you have your MP3 files associated with Media player. Do you have another player on your computer such as musicmatch? If you do then go to windows explorer and click on "tools" and thn "folder options". Once there click on the "file types" tab and select the MP3 extension where you see the "registere file types" box. Under that box it will tell what program it opens with. If it says Windows Media Play6er I suggest you change it. Then try everything else I explained in the previous posts. You should be fine. Hope it works.

7. intense1x

intense1x Guest

Yes Windows Media Player was the problem, so I downloaded Musicmatch. I ran into another problem though. I was only able to copy my mp3's but not music i got from my cd collection. How do you convert a "windows media file" into an mp3 file? thanks in advance

8. Slash8789

Slash8789 Guest

I use CDex. It has the Lame encoder which is the original and best. It has a great GUI so it's very user friendly. Good luck.

9. desiel

desiel Member

when you right click a file and use send to feature you will need to go to your explorer and add the cd burner short cut to the send to folder. This should help your one problem.
    desiel