1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with burning ps2 dvd

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by koshi, Jan 13, 2005.

1. koshi

koshi Member

I just download a ps2 game "metal gear solid 3" from the net, but i don't know how to burn it in a dvd. the game consists of 4 zipped files. Each zipped file has one ISO which is also zipped and one MDS file. what i see is that the zipped ISO file is about 4 gigs, that means all together it is 16 gigs. what should i do to burn it. Should i unzipped the 4 ISO files and what is the MDS files. what program should i use and can anyone list the steps. Please help coz i'm new to burning ps2 dvd and i really needed this game since i can't get it.

2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

3. koshi

koshi Member

thank for the reply. the faqs say out of the two files that i have created, pick the smaller files which is the MDS. But since i have have zipped files, that means i have four MDS and ISO so which one should i choose. If i choose the MDS of part 1, what happened to the MDS of part2,3 and 4? Do i need to merge them? Also do i need to unzip the ISO files?

Lastly, from this "Go to the same tab in dvd decryptor and choose MODE>ISO>WRITE"
    am i allow to choose only 1 MDS files or 4? Coz the game is spread into 4 part which confuse me.

4. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Should be one iso file 4.XXgb.
    Somehow they have to form one.
    (I would use WINRAR to unzip to one iso)

I always Backup my Ps2 games myself and havent had
    any problems

Good luck

Last edited: Jan 13, 2005
  5. Than924

Than924 Member

If you use Alcohol, it will automatically look for that one, as it's one of it's default file extensions.

6. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Yah, make sure you have it unzipped as much as it can go. Basically, the 1 .iso file is compressed into multiple zipped files. Try using WinRar to unzip it, there is not 16gigs there, probably 4.

There should be a 'filename.iso' file and a mdf file. You then burn the mdf file with decrypter or alcohol.

7. hursty

hursty Active member

you do not need to unzip the iso file,it has already been unzipped,you just pick the mds file(the smallest),this should link all the other files together.