1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with burning

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Demon16, Nov 30, 2003.

1. Demon16

Demon16 Member

I have a tdk indidvd 440n.. well im trying to burn with Nero but it wont work ... Roxio 6 recognizes my burner but how do i burn with it .. please sum 1 help me with this problum....when i burn with Nero it keeps failing and it is only burning at 2x when it is a 4x ....

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Demon16, My opinion is Nero works better than Roxio in this case. You need Version 5.5 or 6 to have the DVD Video section in Nero express. It creates the AUDIO_TS & VIDEO_TS folders you need for a proper dvd burn. Nero 6 has a trial version download. I always use DVDshrink as the ripper-decrypter before the burn back. Look up the guides on here for both. Also your burn speed is usually determined by the media speed. Jerry

3. amrah

amrah Member

I have Roxio and it wont let me burn any dvds. It says all of them are protected. What should I do?

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

amrah, all dvds need decrypted first. Download dvdshrink and its guide off this site. Its free. Shrink will decrypt as it rips the disc to your hard drive. Then I use Nero 6 to burn back to blank dvd media. I think you can use Roxio but I don't use it for that. Nero is set up better.
    Jerry

5. amrah

amrah Member

Thanks Jerry!
    Ive been doing this all wrong!

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Have fun , we all like to help.
    Jerry